Moparts

NOS Take-offs - what are they?

Posted By: larry4406

NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 12:30 PM

In the parts sections, there are repeatedly ads for "NOS Take-offs". What are these? Once NOS parts that someone installed, perhaps used for while, changed their mind, and then reboxed and offered for sale?
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 01:03 PM

Generaly considered a NOS part installed for mock up/ an assy removed after installation for what ever reason, but generaly no road use or running time on the part,.....usually, but everyone has an opinon as to "take-off"
Posted By: maxie

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 03:18 PM

a fancy way of saying used.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 03:23 PM

Quote:

a fancy way of saying used.

Posted By: BSharp

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 03:37 PM

"NOS Take-offs"

That's great! Right up there with my favorites: "badge engineering" and "spray-can rebuild".
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 04:04 PM

"Aerosal Overhaul"
Posted By: therocks

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 06:40 PM

It depends.I have a NOS power pack for the dash for 66 Charger.Was plugged in to make sure the dash lights all worked.So its a NOS takeoff.Rocky
Posted By: Furyman

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 06:56 PM

Nos Takeoff.A new car arrives at the dealer with a blem in a part...a scratch in a mldg etc.Swapped out for another piece and sometimes put back in the original box/wrapper.Fairly common in dealer NOS loads.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 07:09 PM

and....fix a car perfect with tons of NOS--win big--get lots of press--THEN take off the NOS stuff replace with OK ---sell that car for big $$ and keep rocking! Seen it done more than once
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 07:17 PM

Quote:

and....fix a car perfect with tons of NOS--win big--get lots of press--THEN take off the NOS stuff replace with OK ---sell that car for big $$ and keep rocking! Seen it done more than once

well i think thats called "nos RIP off"
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 07:46 PM

It was common with wheels and tires back in the day. Car was delivered to dealer with poverty caps and black walls customer wanted magnums with red lines. Dealer swapped the wheels to make a sale. Painted wheels were take offs. They still do this today.
Posted By: larry4406

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 07:48 PM

Got it! I should keep all of the factory parts boxes and packaging so I can repack good used and sell them as NOS take offs. Nice racket. Wonder what a factory box for a rim blow wheel is worth?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/13/10 09:59 PM

Right! The NOS boxes are worth $$--sold a 68 dart Grill box for $100 one time---who would have thought....
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: NOS Take-offs - what are they? - 02/14/10 02:01 AM

Quote:

Nos Takeoff.A new car arrives at the dealer with a blem in a part...a scratch in a mldg etc.Swapped out for another piece and sometimes put back in the original box/wrapper.Fairly common in dealer NOS loads.

Exactly right and I have bought many parts that were take-offs from dealerships...I would rather use those types of parts than the expensive stuff from overseas....
© 2024 Moparts Forums