Moparts

5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing?

Posted By: sbhpcb

5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/08/10 12:34 AM

I have the 5.7 on a stand for testing. I have heard of S&P, Hotwire auto, And B&G. Has Anybody had Good or bad experinces with any of these Folks? Any Others? Will the Hemi run at idle on the stand with out the transmission wired up? Or Do I have to have the Computer programed to Test run?
Posted By: dbogie

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/08/10 01:53 AM

A few people I know have used Hotwire with success.IMO they pioneered this modern hemi transplant.I know there's someone out there taking existing wiring harnesses and making them work in your car for a lot less.(maybe someone on ebay).Had a hard time getting ahold of someone at B&G for a flash.You need a flash, I used a 04 ram manual 5.7 flash.
Posted By: hemibeep

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/08/10 02:58 AM

I used hotwire. they have helped me throughout. Really nice folks to work with. high quality wiring, looks factory. I used 5.7 04' man. tranny puter flashed to run my 6.1. simple hookup. Also, if I remember, it really only needs cam and crank position sensors hooked up to run.
Posted By: 69rrconvert

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/08/10 03:03 PM

I used Hot Wire for my 04 Hemi install in my 69 rr. They make a great harness with everything well labled. I had a few questions during the install and Chris from Hot Wire was great and answered all of my questions. They also flashed the computer for me
Posted By: gdemon

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/08/10 03:24 PM

Im using a 2004 Ram Manual trans computer also. I had mine flashed by B & G . I little hard to get a hold of but seems to work great. By the way it will start and run with a factory flash. I ran mine for a month like that with no problems. It just runs a lot stronger with a custom tune.
Posted By: DmanSRT71

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/08/10 06:42 PM

Anyone have the Chrysler part number for that 2004 ram manual trans computer?

I can't find a used one advertised (ebay etc), but a few yards have a few versions of the manual trans computer, so I need to know which works (if there's a difference).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Quote:

I used hotwire. they have helped me throughout. Really nice folks to work with. high quality wiring, looks factory. I used 5.7 04' man. tranny puter flashed to run my 6.1. simple hookup. Also, if I remember, it really only needs cam and crank position sensors hooked up to run.

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/09/10 01:17 AM

Thanks for the info Guys. I called Chris at Hotwire 479 243 9115 He tells me that they can now Flash the Auto ECU's and make them perform as well as the 2004 manuel ECU's. He is a very helpful Guy. The other folks I spoke with said I would have to buy a 2004 manuel ECU for them to be able to Flash. Chris and somebody else I spoke with said that the 2005 Dodge 1500 ECU is the best to have. I really did not grasp why But I hope it helps.
Posted By: wldtm

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/09/10 01:28 AM

Most people have the 04 Ram manual trans computer, because like myself and GDEMON,we started this swap and had it running two-three years ago, and this is what was needed to make it run. Now with the new technology it is not needed...

The 6.1 hemi computers (auto version) apparently can be flashed too, by Dave at B&G.

At one time Chris Squire told me his flash was not very performance orientated. Meaning he could make it run well, but if you wanted more power, revised rev limiter, etc, B&G was better. Again two to three years ago...

justin

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/09/10 02:15 AM

I called B&G something like 6 months ago and they told me to get the 04 ram computer. I questioned this, since the webpage actually states "yes we can make an auto computer into a manual" and was told it was still better to get the ram computer.

Quote:

Most people have the 04 Ram manual trans computer, because like myself and GDEMON,we started this swap and had it running two-three years ago, and this is what was needed to make it run. Now with the new technology it is not needed...

The 6.1 hemi computers (auto version) apparently can be flashed too, by Dave at B&G.

At one time Chris Squire told me his flash was not very performance orientated. Meaning he could make it run well, but if you wanted more power, revised rev limiter, etc, B&G was better. Again two to three years ago...

justin

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/10/10 03:30 AM

Thanks Again for the Help. I did get the 5.7 Hemi on the test Stand to fire off today. It really sounded good to hear my Wiring Haircut Running. I am sure I will be asking for more advice in the future as I proceed to fit it in the car and hopefully get a 5 speed to row gears with. Thanks again.

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/10/10 02:29 PM

Congrats....

justin
Posted By: boden

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/11/10 02:20 AM

My favorite way to find part numbers is through www.moparpartsamerica.com They have the PDF parts catalogs. You have to sign up for an account to access them though. From what I could find there are multiple 2004 manual trans part numbers including
56029035AA
56029147AA
56029151AA
56030033AA
56031034AA

Quote:

I can't find a used one advertised (ebay etc), but a few yards have a few versions of the manual trans computer, so I need to know which works (if there's a difference).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Quote:

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/11/10 01:14 PM

I looked those up and it seems that all those part numbers are now superseded to 05094273AA

Attached picture 5797002-leftsideresize2.JPG

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/11/10 02:06 PM

jerry... i couldnt get a price on that one. it comes up as no part number found.

all the other ones show no price....

justin

Jerry call me... I am getting ready to start on the harnesses. Your PM box must be full.

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/11/10 03:44 PM

Hi Justin

I added a extra number. Here is the correct one. 05094273AA and that superseds to RL094273AA. Ill call you tonight on the Harness. For some reason the RL number lists a core charge.

Jerry
Posted By: racerAL

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/11/10 03:56 PM

Quote:

Hi Justin

I added a extra number. Here is the correct one. 05094273AA and that superseds to RL094273AA. Ill call you tonight on the Harness. For some reason the RL number lists a core charge.

Jerry

...theres a core charge because it's a re-man part- hence the RL in the part #.

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/11/10 04:01 PM

Quote:

Hi Justin

Jerry

Out of the two harnesses you sent me, which one can i disect to make one good one for the car?

One has a big connector..maybe from a jeep or durango

The other one looks like a truck...
Posted By: Red383

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/12/10 03:29 AM

I have this document, pretty helpful when looking for a certain box.

Attached File
5798559-DodgeFlashAvail.pdf  (1768 downloads)

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/12/10 03:52 AM

Now that is a handy document...

Thanks
Posted By: Red383

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 02/12/10 04:12 AM

I thought so. I found it surfing the net. So far I have found it pretty accurate. Hope it helps some others out there.

Aaron

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 03/06/10 11:02 PM

Great site for sure. I searched one of the numbers below, and it says that it's been superseded to 56028799AD.

And it's $300.....

Thanks for the part numbers.

Quote:

My favorite way to find part numbers is through www.moparpartsamerica.com They have the PDF parts catalogs. You have to sign up for an account to access them though. From what I could find there are multiple 2004 manual trans part numbers including
56029035AA
56029147AA
56029151AA
56030033AA
56031034AA

Quote:

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Quote:

Posted By: ewolfe

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 03/23/10 12:08 PM

Hey Dman, did you just order it from the dealer for $300? If not, where did you find it? I'm starting to put a 5.7 in my 69 Dart and I'm trying to educate myself before I start throwing hard earned money at parts. I'm on a budget, so I'm trying to follow the threads to figure out where best to put the cash.

Thanks

Re: 5.7 Hemi Swap Computer programing? - 03/23/10 09:38 PM

Hi Wolfe, I put one of the part numbers from the posts above into the "part search" page on
http://www.moparpartsamerica.com/splash/index.cfm?siteid=214583

and that page reported it was superceded to 56028799AD, and gave the price of $302.xx.

Also, I found a seller on ebay (a computer reman business) that had one of the part numbers listed. I think it was even cheaper, but the guy hasn't confirmed by email yet, and I haven't really cared to follow up yet.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the FAST system again.....Certainly not cheaper, but it gives me the ability to be a bit more flexible. There are cons to that as well I suppose....

Quote:

Hey Dman, did you just order it from the dealer for $300? If not, where did you find it? I'm starting to put a 5.7 in my 69 Dart and I'm trying to educate myself before I start throwing hard earned money at parts. I'm on a budget, so I'm trying to follow the threads to figure out where best to put the cash.

Thanks

© 2024 Moparts Forums