Moparts

sure grip additive

Posted By: president61

sure grip additive - 07/22/08 02:49 AM

what are you guys using in your sure grips for additive? Where do you get? thanks
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: sure grip additive - 07/22/08 02:52 AM

Your local Dodge dealership should have Friction Modifier Additive. Just add one 4oz. bottle and you should be good.
Posted By: hulmule

Re: sure grip additive - 07/22/08 03:35 AM

the guy who did my rear end gave me a ford additive. says it works better.?? who knows getting the car going this week.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: sure grip additive - 07/22/08 03:50 AM

Ford, Mopar or independent lube manufacturer.....the sure grip additives are pretty well all the same. I've used ford goop in my sure-grips with no issues. My gear shop uses a bulk product. As long as you have "something" in there, you'll be ok.

Sid
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: sure grip additive - 07/22/08 05:05 AM

Since Mopar dropped the skunk-oil .... I was using any typical gear-lube with the GM additive. But after Mobil 1 SYN came out ...I have been using that "straight" in cone and clutch SG's....no problemO.
Posted By: klunick

Re: sure grip additive - 07/22/08 01:01 PM

Got mine from Napa, right by the parts counter.
Posted By: mopowers

Re: sure grip additive - 07/22/08 02:34 PM

Quote:

Got mine from Napa, right by the parts counter.

Do you have a part number?
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: sure grip additive - 07/22/08 03:32 PM

Go to the Ford Dealer and get the Ford friction modifyer. It is repackaged spicer lube. It is the good stuff and what Dr. Diff recommends.
Posted By: HOOVER24K

Re: sure grip additive - 07/23/08 03:47 AM

Quote:

Since Mopar dropped the skunk-oil .... I was using any typical gear-lube with the GM additive. But after Mobil 1 SYN came out ...I have been using that "straight" in cone and clutch SG's....no problemO.

What he said.
Posted By: 4BBodies

Re: sure grip additive - 07/23/08 09:37 PM

The one I got at NAPA was made by CRC, it's called "Trans-X," and meets OEM limited slip requirements for Ford, GM, and Chrysler products. 7 oz., #402508. It was like $8, as I recall.
© 2024 Moparts Forums