Moparts

73 RR door handles

Posted By: forphorty

73 RR door handles - 01/06/10 12:15 AM

Does anyone know of a good source for 73 RR outer door handles?
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: 73 RR door handles - 01/06/10 12:20 AM

B E and A (ad at the bottom of the screen)

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=E&subcat=26

While I personally have not used them, they should be good and others highly recommend BEA.

DO NOT use later model B Body ones or generic reproductions (i.e. F Body ones). They will not fit right. DAMHIK!
Posted By: forphorty

Re: 73 RR door handles - 01/06/10 12:37 AM

thanks!
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: 73 RR door handles - 01/06/10 03:19 AM

Quote:

DO NOT use later model B Body ones or generic reproductions (i.e. F Body ones). They will not fit right. DAMHIK!

I'm askin'! what is the difference? They sure look the same I have handled both, but not compared them side by side...
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 73 RR door handles - 01/06/10 03:37 AM

The "cheapie" repros like to dig into the door skin when you pull up on them,....not nice if you didn't fit them prior to new paint!,....and if you did fit them prior to paint, you had to make the desicion as to wether you ground dowm the interference, or rechromed your originals,....hopefully Mike Ross's (BEA Parts) don't have this issuse either,.....but like anything that wasn't original to the car in question, it should be test fitted prior to paint/final install

Mike

Re: 73 RR door handles - 01/06/10 01:46 PM

RE: Later B bodies - I tried using some from a 77 Fury and they didn't look right. They stuck out too far. The F Body ones had a recessed(?) area on the handle and were not right either IIRC.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: 73 RR door handles - 01/07/10 04:50 PM

the problem with later models is the rod hole location sits in different point/height at handle.

Latch can be adjusted though( there is a provision for that on door ), but dunno if will be enough.

beside that I'm not aware about some exterior physical difference

Re: 73 RR door handles - 01/07/10 05:43 PM

Makes sense considering the design of the later model doors. I found some decent used ones and went with them. Making the later ones work would have been too much trial and error plus sticking my arm up in the door shell gets old real quick.
© 2024 Moparts Forums