Moparts

Acrylic Enamel, Reducer, Hardner. How much of each?

Posted By: Waveraider

Acrylic Enamel, Reducer, Hardner. How much of each? - 07/20/08 04:21 PM

I'm getting ready to paint my trunk with Omni Acrylic Enamel, but I can't remember how many parts reducer and harner goes in it? Thanks.
Posted By: wildman340

Re: Acrylic Enamel, Reducer, Hardner. How much of each? - 07/20/08 04:56 PM

The normal mix for acrylic enamel is 1 to 4, reducer to paint and 1 to 8, hardner to paint in ounces.
Posted By: mrpatel

Re: Acrylic Enamel, Reducer, Hardner. How much of each? - 07/20/08 05:19 PM

https://buyat.ppg.com/refinishProductCat...c9-eb8aefd601f1

This looks like their website and recomends 4:1. Check it out, I have never heard of or sprayed Omni products before.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Acrylic Enamel, Reducer, Hardner. How much of each? - 07/20/08 06:19 PM

Those #s are per VOC compliant rules....If they even still allow Acrylic Enamel in your area...Back in the 70's it was mixed two parts paint to one reducer...Hardener has always been eight parts paint to one part hardener....

More reducer allows the paint to flow out more...So you don't get as much orange peel to sand out later...But it will run easier too...

Re: Acrylic Enamel, Reducer, Hardner. How much of each? - 07/20/08 08:29 PM

Thanks guys. The family talked me into going out on the boat, instead of working on the car. Didn't take much effort. I'll get it knocked out in a few hours. We are having a good time
Posted By: AdamR

Re: Acrylic Enamel, Reducer, Hardner. How much of each? - 07/20/08 08:31 PM

Ak the store you bought the paint from for a spec sheet. Ratio is different for different brands.

Re: Acrylic Enamel, Reducer, Hardner. How much of each? - 07/20/08 11:44 PM

Because of the higher temp's, I took 1wildrt's advise and went 2-1. Seemed to lay a lot smoother than the last time I sprayed. Thanks guys! Gonna eat the steak my wife cooked for me and it's time to live "The High Life".
© 2024 Moparts Forums