Moparts

Mopar Perf Distributor Help

Posted By: dhutch

Mopar Perf Distributor Help - 12/25/09 08:03 PM

I've searched through the forums and tech archives for this. I'm trying to find any info on how to limit a mopr perf dist that's in my 440. I have an ideal on how to do it, I just don't want to mess it up and would rather have some advice from those that know before I start. Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: dave571

Re: Mopar Perf Distributor Help - 12/25/09 08:13 PM

There are torx headed screws that lock the slots in place.

The slots can be adjusted quite a bit. typically they are wide oopen fromt he factory which gives you too much mechanical advance.

I belive there is some spec info in the achives about slot length vs advance amounts.

You then adjust when it comes in by selecting different springs for the weights.
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Mopar Perf Distributor Help - 12/26/09 12:09 PM

Quote:

I've searched through the forums and tech archives for this. I'm trying to find any info on how to limit a mopr perf dist that's in my 440. I have an ideal on how to do it, I just don't want to mess it up and would rather have some advice from those that know before I start. Any help is appreciated.

tells ya in here. http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/dcc-3690426.pdf
Posted By: dgc333

Re: Mopar Perf Distributor Help - 01/01/10 02:03 PM

AS stated the slot length can be varied by lossening the torx lock screws. To make it much easier Summit Jegs sells a Mallory (the MP distributor is made by Mallory) kit with spacers that make setting the amount of timing a snap. The kit also comes with a 1/2 dozen differnt sets of sprngs for adjusting the rate. The instuctions include graphs for the different spring combos so you will know what you ae getting. The kit number is 29014.
Posted By: dhutch

Re: Mopar Perf Distributor Help - 01/02/10 12:00 AM

Thanks for the info. I picked up the curve kit from summit racing.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Mopar Perf Distributor Help - 01/02/10 12:56 AM

Quote:

typically they are wide oopen fromt he factory which gives you too much mechanical advance.

somebody posted somewhere in here about they were set at 28º degrees. I think it was somebody worked at Mallory. It was floated recently on a newer phasing dist thread posting an old thread about the timming
© 2024 Moparts Forums