Moparts

wiper motor bushing ?

Posted By: prorunner1

wiper motor bushing ? - 12/19/09 10:25 PM

I need a the large wiper motor bushing that comes on 81-3 Imperials,its the one that connects the wiper linkage to the motor,I beleive they are also on mirada,cordoba,it is the large type and not the typical small one,does anyone know where to get this from?or an alternative fix?
thanks.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: wiper motor bushing ? - 12/19/09 10:38 PM

I've yet to see a bushing I couldn't get from a bearing supply place - they may have to order it but they can get it.

Manufacturers usually have a simple goal - make something as cheaply as possible. That said, its easier to design something around an existing part (bushing) than to have them specially made.
Posted By: skyhawk61

Re: wiper motor bushing ? - 12/19/09 11:22 PM

If it's the same part used on 80-83 Mirada's and Cordobas, it was still available from Chrysler as of last month, when I ordered one for my 83 Cordoba. To get the bushing,you have to order the entire arm that goes from the motor to the wiper pivot on the driver's side--cost was about $80. The bushing by itself is not available. These things break all the time, and nothing else will readily fit due to the hidden wiper function.Rumor has it that someone is working on a more durable reproduction..till then, (IF then), we're stuck. It's offset, with a steel insert, so simply machining one out of plastic stock will be difficult.
Posted By: prorunner1

Re: wiper motor bushing ? - 12/20/09 12:50 AM

I am pretty sure it is the same but not 100%.I was going to try a setup from a fifth ave,at least the needed parts,try to swap some of it out at least,but it will probably not work with the hidden wiper.
Posted By: therocks

Re: wiper motor bushing ? - 12/20/09 12:10 PM

The early small bushing are avalible.Those they decided to sell just the arms.That and you cant pop them out and then use them again.I tried years ago to do it with no luck a few times.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums