Moparts

Still Trying to find throttle cable

Posted By: 65Coronet7165

Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 02:56 PM

Car is a 67 Chrysler 300 with 440 4bbl.
I need a throttle cable....I tried Stephen's Performance....I've been waiting 2 weeks and now they tell me they had to have it custom made and will take at least another week.
I need a cable NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. If someone can at least tell me how long this cable is supposed to be I can order a cable from Mancini Racing. Measuring my cable won't help...my cable is WRONG
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 03:00 PM

Can't you get a idea of the length needed from your old/wrong cable?
Posted By: therocks

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 03:14 PM

Try Imperial Services.They probally have it in stock.They can make any that you need.Ask for Steve.Rocky
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 03:54 PM

Won't a /6 cable work? Could you modify yours? or a stock BB cable? I'll check w/ a buddy he has had a few of those C'bodys. I bet he has 5 of them in his stash

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 04:16 PM

Thanks! I can't use my cable...it is too long. My car has dual quads and the front carb is the primary...A "rigged" job by the original selling dealer. They never set it up properly. I've had the car almost 5 years now and I'm tired of dealing with it so I'm going back to single quad operation.
Posted By: 64Post

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 04:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks! I can't use my cable...it is too long. My car has dual quads and the front carb is the primary...A "rigged" job by the original selling dealer. They never set it up properly. I've had the car almost 5 years now and I'm tired of dealing with it so I'm going back to single quad operation.

Try here: http://crossramconnection.com/

I'm running a '64 race Hemi cable on my B stroker. Ask for the shortest cable they have.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 05:38 PM

I just talked to my friend. He says any C-body cable will work. He bets your local junk yard has at least 20 of them.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 06:00 PM

Quote:

Make you primary carb your rear the way it's supposed to be.You can use a regular BB cable and save yourself a lot of problems.

Attached picture 5645881-MVC-014S.JPG
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 06:27 PM

he is switching to a single 4 bbl?
Posted By: Mancini Racing

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 06:28 PM

Call our store and ask for Tony with an approximate measurement and we can check the length on the inventory we have listed below.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/hemthrotcab.html

Thanks,

Mancini Racing
586-790-4100
800-843-2821
www.manciniracing.com

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/04/09 08:48 PM

OK 62MAXWagn....your dual carb set up looks like the way mine should be! Same single plane manifold with 2 Carter AFB's. Yuor tranny kickdown linkage looks totally different from mine though...

Yeah, I'm switching from dual quads to a single quad....it's a PAIN the way its set up now for a variety of reasons. It's kind of a shame, but I'm hoping to accomplish at least these things by doing so:
1) Get the engine to idle right and be responsive off the line. As it is now, response is kinda lazy unless you give the throttle a good wack.
2) I've been having a hell of a time keeping both carbs in synch...causing part throttle surging and occasionally throttle on rear carb does not close down all the way giving a WAY high idle.
3) Less fuel fumes...I know gas now-a-days is super volatile with the added ethanol and my car doesn't have a vapor recovery system...but with ONE carb sitting on the manifold with a big enough air filter to absorb the fumes...its gotta be better than TWO carbs sitting there with tiny air filters.
4) The engine should LAST longer getting a better distributed fuel mixture.
5) Dare I mention it...I'm getting say 10, 11 or at best a hair over 12 mpg if I can get 13, 14 or 15 instead it would be a big improvement. Not only money wise, but I do quite a bit of driving and having to stop for fuel less often is a big convenience factor.
Posted By: GreenDartGo

Re: Still Trying to find throttle cable - 12/05/09 07:35 PM

LOKAR.com has cables also _ I will have eto get mine from them Knoxville TN
© 2024 Moparts Forums