Moparts

Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use?

Posted By: 318 Stroker

Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/02/09 09:52 PM

I've had some exhaust leak problems on my 318 Challenger. Eddy heads w/ 340 hi-po manifolds.

I saw an article in the newest edition of Mopar Enthusiast, touting the Remflex gaskets. Does anyone have any experience with them good or bad?
Posted By: RJS

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/02/09 10:22 PM

They are great, used them many times. They will seal any leak...
Posted By: 383BeepBeep

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/02/09 10:26 PM

Great gasket from a great company.

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/02/09 10:28 PM

Thanks... That's the answer I was hoping to hear. The article made them sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread. Apparently it wasn't just a bunch of hype. I'm gonna order a set.
Posted By: 70RR383

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/02/09 10:56 PM

Alan,when I replaced my manifold this year,Joe told me about them,I also changed my collector and head pipes to them,they are good.Just dont over tighten them.Read the DEstructions.Go to there websight or I just saw someone on here selling them.Either in new products or in the b-body parts for sale.Happy holidays,DOUG
Posted By: HemiStan

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/02/09 11:30 PM

Remflex is all I have used for a few years now.
Posted By: Junky

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 12:00 AM

I use them on my headers. Excellent product!
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 04:26 AM

Got them on my car.

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 04:37 AM

Thanks again for all the good reviews, guys. Doug, you going to Clay's Moparty on Saturday?
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 01:07 PM

lots of good replys..but I have read about half that many on the down side here on moparts also

wonder why none of them have chimed back in??

in therory they work and sound good,but pricy

I use the copper rtv on the cheap header gaskets with good results myself..way cheaper

I have used the copper rtv with mannys and bolt right to the head with no gaskets before also with no leaks

hit and miss with any of the exhast gaskets IMHO

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 02:17 PM

Thanks for the flip-side view, Scratchn, always two sides to a question. It'll give me something to think about...
Posted By: 1fastrunner

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 02:44 PM

I'd definitely go Remflex! I did, and that's all I'll buy from now on. They also have a money back guarantee, if you ever had any issues. They are less expensive on Amazon and usually have free shipping. Their pricing brings them in line with most of the "better" ones. When you compare the history of them all, Remflex is the clear winner for maybe pennies more.
Jim
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 03:04 PM

Available on Amazon? thanks for the tip!

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 03:21 PM

Anybody know the part #'s I would need? I have a 318 with Eddy heads and 340 hi-po manifolds.

I also need the part # for the donut gasket between the manifolds and pipes.
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 05:53 PM

Allen-

I run those on Amy's Barracuda. Absolutely no leaks ever from the headers.

I will say they are a pain in the rear to clean up when it comes time to take the car apart though. Some of the gasket stayed on the head while the rest of it was stuck to the header.

Even so, I bought another set for when the car goes back together in a couple weeks.

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 05:57 PM

Hey Scott, Good hearing from you. So the Blues Cuda is almost back on the road, I hope. You gonna be at Clay's?

Anyone know what part #'s I need?
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 06:08 PM

Here is the link to their catalog. I buy them direct from Remflex and get them 4 or 5 days later.

http://catalog.remflex.com/category_s/79.htm

Not sure if I am going to make it to Clay's house. Ty wants me to ride with him, but not sure what Amy has planned.

The Barracuda should have some paint on it this afternoon.
Posted By: 70RR383

Re: Remflex exhaust gaskets--anyone use? - 12/03/09 10:31 PM

First I have heard of Clays party.I have one to go in Villa Ridge later that night.What time is Clays???The other party has free food,beer,and a live band.Mybe we can hit both???Let me know.Send me a PM
© 2024 Moparts Forums