Moparts

UPDATE bucket seats "stone soup style"

Posted By: UCUDANT

UPDATE bucket seats "stone soup style" - 07/16/08 03:13 AM

Tonight I scored all this (minus the black seat skins which I had). They are a 73 and up E body seats. I need seats for my 76 Duster. I plan to have the center panels in my old 72 style seat skins from my cuda repaired and possibly have soft back panels made so i can use them on these. I plan to try use the outer seat track from the bench and try to make something else work for the inside.
I also scored another cop wheel (I was seeking 2 more) and some black 70 style seat backs.

Will this plan work?

Attached picture 4554030-CIMG3601.JPG

Re: Help it's bucket seats "stone soup style" ....possible? - 07/16/08 06:04 PM

Wow that was an overwhelming response
I went to an upholstry shop during lunch to get a quote...they now have the drivers seat and the OEM cover from Cuda (I put a legendary cover on my Cuda). They'll replace the seat panels and fab something up for the back so that they'll work.
I'll do the other seat in my Cuda and be ready to pick the drivers side up and drop off the passenger seat next week. My cars will share a lil DNA

I'm probably only saving about $100-150 but the seats will match better than a stock Cuda/Challenger seat
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Help it's bucket seats "stone soup style" ....possible? - 07/16/08 07:52 PM

I wish i would of picked up that little a-body from you.

Re: Help it's bucket seats "stone soup style" ....possible? - 07/16/08 11:34 PM

Yeah me too, it was for sale cheap... but no one wanted it and I gave it away to a Buddy...now it's back. His neice changed her mind, before she got her license.
Same buddy called me to give me all that stuff. All he said was come by and bring your truck.... I never asked why, just went straight over. I had just gave him an OEM AAR rear spoiler for his friends restored AAR so we have this mopar trust...need it it's yours kinda thing.
If you love something set if free, if it comes back make it your beater car

Re: Help it's bucket seats "stone soup style" ....possible? - 07/18/08 02:12 AM

Update I have the first seat skin back. They installed a velcro backing... might work

Attached picture 4558578-seatskin.jpg

Re: Help it's bucket seats "stone soup style" ....possible? - 07/18/08 02:13 AM

The back

Attached picture 4558582-seatvelcro.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums