Moparts

NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE?

Posted By: mopar rookie

NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 01:59 AM

I just installed new super stock springs and hangers in my 64 plymouth. I installed the springs in the top hole of the front hangers as Mancini said it was the preferred position. It seems to me there is alot of pinion angle. Should I put the springs in the bottom hole to help this or is this normal. It is the same rear that was in the car when I got it, a 65-68 b body rearend.

Attached picture 5605465-Picture020.jpg
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 04:15 AM

If you install the springs in the top eye hole, you must shim the pinion back down to where it was before.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 05:42 AM

Use the different bolt holes for the front of the springs to set the ride height.

Then, use the "search" feature to view the 4,639 posts/theories/guesses/hunches on setting pinion angle.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 01:10 PM

it looks like you have about 8/10* up
start thinking about having the perches rewelded.get an angle finder and check it.what part # are those?
Posted By: Dons Dart

Re: NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 01:22 PM

Yep you will have to reweld your spring pearches.If the angle was way down then you could slide wedges under your spring perches to get it were you want to be.been there done that.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 02:54 PM

Quote:

Yep you will have to reweld your spring pearches.If the angle was way down then you could slide wedges under your spring perches to get it were you want to be.been there done that.

??? The wedges can be installed in either direction.
Rewelding the perches is the better way to do it. I've also made custom steel wedges and welded them to the perches.
Posted By: mopar rookie

Re: NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 03:52 PM

If I put the springs in the bottom hole that will take care of some of the angle? I put the tires on it just to see where the ride hieght was and it isnt as high as I thought it was going to be, so I am going to move them to the lower hole and see where that gets me. Not sure of the part whole part number on the springs but one ends in 56 and the other 57. If I do have to change it I hope I can just shim it cause the rear is powder coated and don't want to weld on it
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 04:02 PM

find the angle though so you know what you have.
what is the rear hanger angle?
Posted By: viperakron

Re: NEW SUPER STOCK SPRINGS....PINION ANGLE? - 11/15/09 05:33 PM

I just installed SS springs in my 64 B Body. I just tacked the pads in case I need to move it. But the right side of the car really sitting up. I hope when I put the torsion bars back in it will transfer some wieght and even things out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums