Moparts

Upper A-arm cam and bolts

Posted By: plumebody

Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/22/09 12:50 PM

I found mine were put in backwards and when I tried to adjust the alinement the bolts were just spinning and were found to be stripped.

I would like to replace the cam and bolts. I have looked around but can't seem to locate. Any ideas?

I checked BE/A,Jim's, no luck.
Posted By: mkdart

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/22/09 01:02 PM

Firm feel or just suspension.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/22/09 01:04 PM

NAPA has them also.I believe even Advanced can get them.Rocky
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/22/09 01:05 PM

http://www.billrolikenterprises.com/products.asp?cat=11&pg=7
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/22/09 01:27 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...e=STRK:MEUSX:IT

I sell lots of them. Have a few sets in stock.
My past e Bay ad, in the link provided.
Jim V.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/22/09 02:07 PM

I think the origonal style(mine were this way anyway) only had a "flat" on one side of the bolt and washer. The newer ones have a "flat" on two sides so the cam washer spins with the bolt better.
Posted By: plumebody

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/22/09 03:17 PM

Thanks guys local NAPA had them and I'm back in business
Posted By: lokalik

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/23/09 03:18 AM

not to highjack the post but. when using the moog offset bushings their instructions say to install one way however, there was a post on moparts saying to install oppsite of the moog instructions. can anyone explain way you would not follow the manufacture instructions for this?
Posted By: therocks

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/23/09 01:21 PM

Follow the Moparts instructions.They are proper for Mopar.Moogs are for GM.Rocky
Posted By: Ply72rr

Re: Upper A-arm cam and bolts - 09/23/09 07:14 PM

Quote:

not to highjack the post but. when using the moog offset bushings their instructions say to install one way however, there was a post on moparts saying to install oppsite of the moog instructions. can anyone explain way you would not follow the manufacture instructions for this?

Because moog designed the offset bushings to cure a camber problem but we use them to gain positive caster.Installing them so the front moves the control arm out and the rear moves the arm in will increase pos caster.
© 2024 Moparts Forums