Moparts

Painless Wiring Universal Kit

Posted By: char69ger

Painless Wiring Universal Kit - 09/12/09 02:20 AM

Anyone ever use the Painless wiring universal kit? If so, what was it like?
Posted By: marks69

Re: Painless Wiring Universal Kit - 09/12/09 04:34 AM

Yep many times when I worked at the speed shop as their mechanic. The quality is good. The insulation is harder than normal but doesn't affect installation or performance. The instructions are very good. Every single wire is labeled every few inches the whole length of the wire. You'll be happy. It's even an easy install if you are hooking up all the options air,power window,power locks etc. Hope I helped.
Posted By: char69ger

Re: Painless Wiring Universal Kit - 09/12/09 06:05 PM

That helps alot, thanks. One more question. How does the kit tie into the bulkhead connector?
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Painless Wiring Universal Kit - 09/12/09 06:14 PM

Quote:

That helps alot, thanks. One more question. How does the kit tie into the bulkhead connector?

it don't, your on your own,....IMHO I'd use the painless wiring kit if I was doing a street rod/kit car/hot rod, etc,......not a factory car, esp when good quality repro harnesses are available for just about every make, last car I did with a painless harness was a 55 Chevy, only because it was a outdated 6 volt system, and while the painless systems are nice, and cheaper than repro harnesses, they have their limitations as far as plug and play, if electrical wiring dosen't bother you, and you have fine electrical skills in wiring systems, go for it!, otherwise, pony up, and buy the correct repro harness that you need

Mike
Posted By: Devil

Re: Painless Wiring Universal Kit - 09/12/09 09:58 PM

I used the Painless Mopar Harness and it was easy to work with. And was cheaper then getting all new stock ones.

Ryan
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Painless Wiring Universal Kit - 09/12/09 11:54 PM

Quote:

Anyone ever use the Painless wiring universal kit? If so, what was it like?

I havent used it but am interested in looking into one. How much is it and where can I see it. I cant get the Painlesswire web site to come up. mike
Posted By: landon1

Re: Painless Wiring Universal Kit - 09/13/09 01:12 AM

i just ordered a Rebel Wire harness. i've heard good things about them, so i placed my order today. according to some street rod, hot rod, mud truck, etc. forums they are almost exactly the same as the painless harnesses at quite a bit less cost.
Posted By: plumebody

Re: Painless Wiring Universal Kit - 09/13/09 03:18 PM

When I was redoing my wiring (10 yrs ago) the only options were repo from YO ($700) at the time or painless wiring.

Painless was 259.00 at that time so I went for that. Easy install plus it has the blade type fuses which are nice.

Also has PW,AC,ect... so you could upgrade later. It's not factory correct but I think it gives you many options for the future to add on.

I got the 18 circuit system
© 2024 Moparts Forums