Moparts

Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ??

Posted By: Colin Frolick

Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 08/23/09 06:54 PM

Can this manifold be made to fit a thermoquad? I have a little edelbrock performer on my 493 now and figure i could use some more manifold.

Cheers
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 08/23/09 09:18 PM

spreadbore(thermoquad) carb onto square bore manifold. 3/4" tall.

Attached picture 5435814-carbspacer.jpg

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 08/23/09 09:35 PM

yeah... i'm damn limited on hood clearance though, was hoping the pad could be opened up for a TQ instead of adding height with an adapter?

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 08/23/09 09:41 PM

You might post a pic of the flange & see if others think it is doable

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 08/23/09 09:59 PM

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 08/23/09 10:14 PM

I'd measure how bowed out the tquad secondaries are & compare that to how wide the front to rear sides are on your manifold but from the pic it certainly looks like it could be done w plenty of gasket width left. I've seen some manifolds w very thin flanges.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 08/23/09 11:27 PM

Get out the grinder and go to town , the drilled and tapped bolt pattern I'm pretty sure is for a DOMINATOR , see the punch makes , that's the 4150 pattern which you will need to drill and tap to put on the thermoquad .

I don't think that adaptor is a PERFORMANCE piece which is what you are after , be warned , that intake is as tall and maybe a bit taller than the performer RPM . It needs some tweaking , there was an article on it back in 2004ish in mopar muscle, the guy that ported it for the article is in Cali .

Also look it over well , the one I had had porosity issues between the planes , shine a light in the carb opening and look in from the intake opening

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 05/07/14 06:59 AM

wow old thread

finally got one of these and today started to open up the carb pad... used hole saws to start and finished with the grinder. turned out pretty nice!! can't wait to see how it runs.

Attached picture 8136833-2d.JPG
Posted By: 383man

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 05/07/14 07:38 AM

Thats looking good. Thats the same intake I use with my 850 DP. Ron

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 07/27/14 03:02 AM

okay i got this running today. it runs -alot- better. it even sounds better. feels like more power everywhere

i had to hack on the manifold a little to make it fit, at the corners and along the bottom below the ports. the heads on this motor have been milled alot, thankfully the intake face was also milled, but it sinks the manifold more into the valley. i used a stock valley pan with the ports cut off and 0.060" worth of paper intake gaskets. i have an indy valley plate if anybody wants it.

dig the 16" air cleaner

Attached picture 8220665-itq.jpeg

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 07/27/14 03:04 AM

Attached picture 8220666-16.JPG

Re: Indy 2D manifold + spreadbore carb ?? - 07/27/14 03:06 AM

'71

Attached picture 8220670-71.jpeg
© 2024 Moparts Forums