Moparts

1980 newport

Posted By: Moparnut

1980 newport - 08/11/09 01:50 AM

I have an opportunity to get a free mopar.
It is a 1980 Chrysler Newport with a super six engine. It is complete and has been off the road since 1989. A little rust in the doors. I am wondering if I should take some parts off it but WHAT PARTS?
What parts would somebody want before it goes to the wrecking yard as the person that has it is taking it there.
I saw it on a trailer and stopped the guy and he is holding off until the weekend.
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: 1980 newport - 08/11/09 02:06 AM

Super Six intake, carb, air cleaner, all carb and kickdown related brackets, kickdown rod.

If it has the large front disc brakes, grab those and the calipers.

I think this is the R-body (sibling to the Dodge St. Regis), so I don't know much about them.

Posted By: A38s!

Re: 1980 newport - 08/11/09 04:23 AM

Grille, bumper filler ends to the a38 crowd if nice.

Some dash components fit J Mirada-Cordoba, but little demand.

As a roller, it's worth 5 bills to the derby guys, provided the rust isn't serious.
Posted By: patrick

Re: 1980 newport - 08/11/09 12:04 PM

Quote:

Super Six intake, carb, air cleaner, all carb and kickdown related brackets, kickdown rod.

If it has the large front disc brakes, grab those and the calipers.

I think this is the R-body (sibling to the Dodge St. Regis), so I don't know much about them.

an '80 newport is an R body, which is essentially a '73 up B body. IIRC they only came with the 11.75" rotors. I'd grab everything from the spindles out. the rims might be 15x7's, too. I'd grab those.
© 2024 Moparts Forums