Moparts

Serpentine belt systems...???? any suggestions as to

Posted By: 62BT409

Serpentine belt systems...???? any suggestions as to - 08/10/09 11:02 AM

the manufactures? I know they get crazy with the prices.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: Serpentine belt systems...???? any suggestions as to - 08/10/09 12:12 PM

Motor Body Accessories
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Serpentine belt systems...???? any suggestions as to - 08/10/09 12:12 PM

big block or small block? i've got a big block kit i put together. we are switching over to billet brackets and getting away from the cast brackets.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Serpentine belt systems...???? any suggestions as to - 08/10/09 01:45 PM

For a big block take a look at 440Source's stuff. I bought a set and its VERY nice. Not polished to a high gloss but a very nice finish. Unlike the other systems on the market, theire does not have any mounting bracket or tensioner systems so this GREATLY reduces the cost. What you end up with is a system that adjusts the good old fashined way but uses a serpentine belt.
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Serpentine belt systems...???? any suggestions as to - 08/10/09 06:37 PM

not to sounds arrogant, but whats the poin in using a serpentine belt system that has to be adjusted manually? the best part of the system is the spring loaded tensioner that keep the belt taught at high RPm, cruise rpm, and various shock loads from turning on the accessories.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Serpentine belt systems...???? any suggestions as to - 08/10/09 08:25 PM

Accessories ??? We don' need no steenkeen accessories !!!

Actually I thought the best part was the (approx.) $ 150.00 price tag !!!

I change the oil in the sucker, I can sure as hell check and adjust belt tension !!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 62BT409

Re: Serpentine belt systems...???? any suggestions as to - 08/10/09 08:31 PM

Quote:

Accessories ??? We don' need no steenkeen accessories !!!

Actually I thought the best part was the (approx.) $ 150.00 price tag !!!

I change the oil in the sucker, I can sure as hell check and adjust belt tension !!!!!!!!!!

I thought the same as you about "evilspirit"'s post. But the price tag is about $2200.00 to $2600.00 for a 426 Hemi.......OUCCHH with the A/C compressor
© 2024 Moparts Forums