Moparts

Anyone use Kirker auto paint?

Posted By: GarageDodge

Anyone use Kirker auto paint? - 08/08/09 11:16 PM

Getting ready to pick a color and paint for 73 challenger. Have used ppg but a little pricey for my son,found a place that sells kirker paint products,made in newburgh,ny,anybody ever use this paint,and your comments.Thanks.
Posted By: blk00rt

Re: Anyone use Kirker auto paint? - 08/08/09 11:45 PM

I have heard that Kirker colors mix is not the best. Autobody101.com talks about them from time to time, might want to check their opinions out.
Posted By: JeepJimmy

Re: Anyone use Kirker auto paint? - 08/09/09 02:07 AM

I use the primers and single stage urethane black for some projects. i like it. id use PPG DBC and PPG 2021 clear for a overall good paint job though in any color possible
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: Anyone use Kirker auto paint? - 08/09/09 08:03 PM

I've used it to paint plow trucks. If your looking for any kind of qyauilty finish that ain't it. Don't pinch pennies on the most important part.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Anyone use Kirker auto paint? - 08/09/09 08:19 PM

Seeing as most say this paint is not realy good and you are looking for a $ savings.
I have used a cheap paint in the R-M line {limco} for solid mopar colors but would not use them for any flakes.
R-M Dimont is way cheap than Dupont and PPG and the Base/clear works well and the clear flows out realy nice.
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Anyone use Kirker auto paint? - 08/09/09 08:55 PM

If your looking for a budget type paint consider Nason, I did mine with their acrylic urethane. 1 Gallon mixed B5, hardener, reducer, and a gallon of sealer ran me $325
© 2024 Moparts Forums