Moparts

Best clutch recomenations for the street...

Posted By: Thread Ender1

Best clutch recomenations for the street... - 05/26/09 04:03 PM

I have a 340 dart with a old school clutch, its so stiff i think the fenderwell probably flexes when i push on it. Its on its last leg wont disengage enough and stiff as a bear trap.

Any good street clutch recomendations for street with an occasional beating?
Posted By: Mark340A66

Re: Best clutch recomenations for the street... - 05/26/09 04:10 PM

Quote:

I have a 340 dart with a old school clutch, its so stiff i think the fenderwell probably flexes when i push on it. Its on its last leg wont disengage enough and stiff as a bear trap.

Any good street clutch recomendations for street with an occasional beating?

CenterForce Dual Friction. Awesome change for about $300.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Best clutch recomenations for the street... - 05/26/09 04:29 PM

Sachs 3 finger Borg/Beck style 2200-2800 lb. pick your rating.......Sachs Kelvar disc,.......street or strip, pretty beefy set up, takes a lot of abuse!.....expensive, but will out last/ out perform a Street Twin, or comparable 3 finger B/B McLeod set up
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Best clutch recomenations for the street... - 05/26/09 04:31 PM

CF
Posted By: radar

Re: Best clutch recomenations for the street... - 05/26/09 04:56 PM

another vote for dual friction. grabs great not too hard to push
Posted By: OneRunSon

Re: Best clutch recomenations for the street... - 05/27/09 06:06 AM

mike, how is the pedal pressure on that sachs 3 finger borg/beck style clutch? is it comparable to or worse than a street twin.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Best clutch recomenations for the street... - 05/27/09 12:16 PM

I just put a CF DF in my big block dakota, and I love it. 10 times better than the hayes street/strip that I had before. the clutch pedal feels kind of like a compound bow draw...if that makes sense...it's very firm and then suddenly gets a lot easier at the end of the pedal stroke. right where it goes from firm to soft, is where the clutch starts to engage, took a minute to get used to the new pedal feel, but I like it so much better than what I had before.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Best clutch recomenations for the street... - 05/27/09 01:56 PM

Quote:

mike, how is the pedal pressure on that sachs 3 finger borg/beck style clutch? is it comparable to or worse than a street twin.

it's going to be a bit harder than a simular lb. rated twin,....., which is good if your going to run the car at sometime on the dragstrip, you have more "feel" for where the clutch "is", at stageing time
© 2024 Moparts Forums