Moparts

Brake Hose Question

Posted By: CUDAJAS

Brake Hose Question - 06/19/08 11:57 AM

I just put reman calipers and new rubber hoses on my 74 cuda.

The rubber hoses seeem to be leaking a little bit where they attach to the caliper.

How do I fix this. I used the copper washers that came with the caliper and have re-tightend the hoses several times.

Any thoughts????
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Brake Hose Question - 06/19/08 12:26 PM

Copper washers on both sides of the banjo connection? Only real solution would be possibly you have bad copper seal rings. Hose is bad. Or you need to torque it down some more.
Posted By: Gary67

Re: Brake Hose Question - 06/19/08 01:11 PM

You might try thicker copper washers, have heard some of the ones they give to use you aren't thick enough...
Posted By: 79powerwagon

Re: Brake Hose Question - 06/19/08 01:33 PM

Quote:

You might try thicker copper washers, have heard some of the ones the give to use you aren't thick enough...

This is very true. You need the correct washers.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Brake Hose Question - 06/19/08 01:50 PM

Had a set that were too hard. Didn't crush well basically.
Bought some new ones from a non-chain parts store and those worked.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Brake Hose Question - 06/19/08 03:50 PM

MP still has the ones with the circular ribs on them as oppose to th flat surface of the ones that come with the calipers. I cant find the pn but somene will know it. & some of those in with the caliper boxes arent thick enough to be above the recess where the hose mounts.
Posted By: CUDAJAS

Re: Brake Hose Question - 07/17/08 08:38 PM

Quote:

MP still has the ones with the circular ribs on them as oppose to th flat surface of the ones that come with the calipers. I cant find the pn but somene will know it. & some of those in with the caliper boxes arent thick enough to be above the recess where the hose mounts.

Thanks guys,

Anyone have that part number???
Posted By: therocks

Re: Brake Hose Question - 07/17/08 11:09 PM

If you have the old ones clean them and reuse them.Ive found most new wahers are trash.I reuse the old ones even at work and have never had a leak.Rocky
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Brake Hose Question - 07/17/08 11:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks guys,
Anyone have that part number???

6030084. it only took me a month to find it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums