Moparts

Mopar aluminum water pump and housing- quality pieces?

Posted By: YGBSM

Mopar aluminum water pump and housing- quality pieces? - 05/05/09 07:37 PM

Time to get an aluminum water pump and housing for a 440. Are the mopar performance pieces good quality or do I need to be looking at another brand? Thanks.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Mopar aluminum water pump and housing- quality pieces? - 05/05/09 07:43 PM

I've got a number of them , never an issue .

Everyones favorite stroker kit supplier has them cheaper , there WAS a thread about there quality here last week if you order one make sure you have a good rat tail file handy .
Posted By: challenger70

Re: Mopar aluminum water pump and housing- quality pieces? - 05/05/09 07:43 PM

Quote:

Time to get an aluminum water pump and housing for a 440. Are the mopar performance pieces good quality or do I need to be looking at another brand? Thanks.

mine works/looks fine but I bought it a few years ago, look at 440source as well probably cheaper but I can't vouch for their quality mines a MP unit.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Mopar aluminum water pump and housing- quality pieces? - 05/05/09 08:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

mine works/looks fine but I bought it a few years ago, look at 440source as well probably cheaper but I can't vouch for their quality mines a MP unit.

I have a 440Source unit. doesn't miss a beat
Posted By: therocks

Re: Mopar aluminum water pump and housing- quality pieces? - 05/05/09 08:51 PM

I paid more for my housing thats MP than 440 Soyrce has the whole thing.Mines is probally 15 years old.My buddy has sources and no problems.Some have said the holes for the stat housing arent quiet right and the stat housing needs to be opened a bit.His fit fine and has been on for 2 years.Rocky
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopar aluminum water pump and housing- quality pieces? - 05/06/09 06:30 PM

Quote:

Everyones favorite stroker kit supplier has them cheaper , there WAS a thread about there quality here last week if you order one make sure you have a good rat tail file handy.

I bought one from 440source last week. I paid $109.00 for the housing AND aluminum water pump. No fitment issues and the thermostat housing holes were fine. I was actually impressed with the quality.
© 2024 Moparts Forums