Moparts

Need help with water outlet! Vehicle down!!

Posted By: Wagonmaster

Need help with water outlet! Vehicle down!! - 05/02/09 03:43 PM

Have installed casting # 4118915 intake manifold in my vehicle - the water outlet is 2 7/8 across [bolt to bolt]. Factory 318/360 outlet is about 3.5. What application will fit the thermoquad manifold I have? Really stuck here...vehicle is down and I am walking.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Need help with water outlet! Vehicle down!! - 05/02/09 04:49 PM

83 chrysler cordoba 318

Re: Need help with water outlet! Vehicle down!! - 05/02/09 04:59 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, so why would the 'Doba have a different thermostat housing? MOPAR's method for hair removal? The spread on a typical 318/360 is about 3.5" across. This manifold has a spread of 2 7/8" across. Insanity production from Ma MOPAR!
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Need help with water outlet! Vehicle down!! - 05/02/09 05:08 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, so why would the 'Doba have a different thermostat housing? MOPAR's method for hair removal? The spread on a typical 318/360 is about 3.5" across. This manifold has a spread of 2 7/8" across. Insanity production from Ma MOPAR!

It don't, they all (SB) switched in the mid to late 70's early 80's. That was a good quick reference. Takes the smaller stat too
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Need help with water outlet! Vehicle down!! - 05/02/09 05:11 PM

Quote:

MOPAR's method for hair removal?

It gets worse!. They have very little sealing surface compared to our more common ones so do check that your base gasket for it fits well and you might have to grind the nub on the gasket sealing area flat to stop a leak(I did)

Re: Need help with water outlet! Vehicle down!! - 05/02/09 05:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

MOPAR's method for hair removal?

It gets worse!. They have very little sealing surface compared to our more common ones so do check that your base gasket for it fits well and you might have to grind the nub on the gasket sealing area flat to stop a leak(I did)

Posted By: AndyF

Re: Need help with water outlet! Vehicle down!! - 05/02/09 07:06 PM

I'll bet you are in great shape from walking a lot if your only vehicle is a classic Mopar!

Sorry, can't help much with the thermostat housing. There are a few different designs that Mopar used for that setup on the SB over the years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums