Moparts

power window kit for 68 dart

Posted By: Anonymous

power window kit for 68 dart - 04/29/09 04:05 AM

I was looking to put a power window kit 68. having no luck for the yrs 67 to 72. I have seen a few for earlier yr. model and 73 to 76 model . Is there a kit for thar 67 to 69 dart . Thanks
Posted By: Kirby

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 04/29/09 02:30 PM

Not much help as I can't remember the name of the company. On TV I watched a car show and they put power windows in a 70's car (the kit was universal) the cool thing other than it looked like a fairly simple install, was that the switches were made to accept the factory cranks, pull up on the crank- window up. Push down, window down. and they looked factory. wish I could remember who made the kit- as I have been thinking about putting them in my Cuda'.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 04/29/09 03:01 PM

XV Motorsports used to list a nice kit. It's not showing up on their website right now, but try giving them a call.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 04/29/09 03:07 PM

http://www.a1electric.com/colibri.htm
Posted By: JHJRaceFan

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 04/29/09 03:17 PM

Quote:

XV Motorsports used to list a nice kit. It's not showing up on their website right now, but try giving them a call.

It better be a "nice kit" for $ 995.00...
It's on Evil-Bay now at: XV Electric Window Kit
Posted By: deansrr

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 04/29/09 09:32 PM

http://www.electric-life.com/ part#4101-09-S98 is a universal kit, PM me and can give you your price
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 04/29/09 09:46 PM

xv's kit was for all 4 windows. Most only list it for 2 windows and don't provide for the rear qtr windows. So it was actually in line with other kits.
Posted By: BDW

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 04/29/09 09:59 PM

Don't know about the A1 Electric A-body kit, but the E-body kit was a POS, sent that thing back.

Don't waste your money. IMO
Posted By: jbc426

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 04/30/09 01:50 PM

Yeah, it's not cheap, but it looks like a more complete and better designed kit than most of the aftermarket power window kits I've seen offered. It actually looks like something designed for an automotive application that would last instead of a kit that resembles a plastic, kid's-toy that won't hold up under normal use.
Posted By: Challenged

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 05/01/09 07:07 PM

Nu-Relics, I have their catolog and the kit for my Challenger looks just like XV's but cheaper!!! Nu-Relics
Posted By: rjsjea

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 05/01/09 07:13 PM

Quote:

Nu-Relics, I have their catolog and the kit for my Challenger looks just like XV's but cheaper!!! Nu-Relics

......I assume since there kit lists a 67-70 Dart, it would work for a Demon?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 05/02/09 12:10 AM

Been there done that for power windows in Darts, it is not fun. Blue Moon Motorsports has them in thier 68 Mr. Norms GSS Darts, you might want to call them and ask them what they use. We put a set of our own making in the 68 Bullseye Dart we built at Time Machines, and it was tough! Demons/Dart Sports do not have wing windows, so it will probably be even tougher to install...
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 05/02/09 12:02 PM

muscle car restorations put them in a ss dart clone (69 dart) that was featured in the may 2004 mopar muscle, could check with them also. dave
Posted By: cogen80

Re: power window kit for 68 dart - 05/02/09 12:17 PM

Quote:

probably is the same kit. XV likes to put their sticker on things and jack the price up. their seat belts are the same way. whenever you see something XV sells always shop around. chances are you will find the same thing elsewhere cheaper just without the XV logo on it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums