Moparts

left hand wheel studs

Posted By: BlueRacer69

left hand wheel studs - 03/30/24 06:21 PM

Hi everyone. Looking for 7/16-20 left hand wheel studs for a 69 Dart with 10 inch drums. Need 5 fronts and 5 rears. Does anyone still make them? Thank you.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/30/24 06:59 PM

Why not replace them with right handed?
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/30/24 07:26 PM

I used to get them at NAPA. Might as well try them.
Posted By: 69gtxvert

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/30/24 09:43 PM

I got some left hand studs from Ehrenberg on Ebay a couple of years ago. Don't know if he is still selling there but worth a shot.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/31/24 12:37 AM

I may have some in some discarded drums in the 'pile'. Let me know if you want me to check. I am fairly certain that I have some fronts in some old drums. Now whether they are rusted beyond use or not, I don't know.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/31/24 01:03 AM

I ran out of them a couple years ago and have not been able to find the correct ones again. I had probably 40 NOS studs, should have kept some... frown

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/31/24 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I ran out of them a couple years ago and have not been able to find the correct ones again. I had probably 40 NOS studs, should have kept some... frown
Rhino, are the front & rear studs the same or do they differ?
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/31/24 02:43 PM

After that find some long shank left hand nuts. I b lookn to
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/31/24 03:08 PM

The serration outside diameter are different on the ones I've measured wrench
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: left hand wheel studs - 03/31/24 04:33 PM

Be aware that the front studs are different to allow for swaging the drum.

Attached picture Drum Swage.PNG

Re: left hand wheel studs - 04/01/24 08:56 PM

Thanks everybody for the info. I guess I'm crap out of luck for left hand thread wheel studs. cry
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: left hand wheel studs - 04/02/24 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by BlueRacer69
Thanks everybody for the info. I guess I'm crap out of luck for left hand thread wheel studs. cry

The only place I have found them are old NAPA stores with DORMAN orange bins. If you have old parts stores around you ask them... twocents
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: left hand wheel studs - 04/02/24 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by BlueRacer69

The only place I have found them are old NAPA stores with DORMAN orange bins. If you have old parts stores around you ask them... twocents

The Dorman bins where the best some auto parts stores had large banks of them under the counter they had everything in them.
Posted By: topside

Re: left hand wheel studs - 04/03/24 12:11 AM

Maybe I'm a heretic, but to me, LH studs & lug nuts are a pain in the butt.
Especially if someone else - who's not hip to them - ever needs to remove a wheel.
I have them on the original RR, but everything else they came on has been switched to RH thread.

Re: left hand wheel studs - 04/03/24 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Maybe I'm a heretic, but to me, LH studs & lug nuts are a pain in the butt.
Especially if someone else - who's not hip to them - ever needs to remove a wheel.
I have them on the original RR, but everything else they came on has been switched to RH thread. I'm a purest at heart and an old time muscle car guy. I like things the way they came originaly from the factory. Besides if this car turns out as good as I hope it does, I mite want to have it judged.
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: left hand wheel studs - 04/04/24 12:03 AM

Try a mom and pop store who sell Lawson products. Good luck!
© 2024 Moparts Forums