Moparts

GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations?

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/15/24 07:03 PM

It's a sad state of affairs when I can't find a good, talented, custom exhaust installer in my area - & I'm in the exhaust business! Custom pipe bending & exhaust installer experts are becoming scarce - it's fast becoming a lost art.

So, with my final straw early this afternoon being my "buddy" installer 30-minutes away telling me to come in at 1:00 for a little work, & I get there & he took-off for the afternoon - that's it. Looking for someone I can count on.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/15/24 07:44 PM

I was going to be posting the same question soon. I will be needing to get exhaust from the headers back to the tailpipes on my Dart and I have no idea where to go these days. There used to be a shop at Groesback and Schoenherr that did good work. Had him put full exhaust on my Hemi Road Runner but that was 25 years ago.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/15/24 07:58 PM

I buy mandrel bends and straight pipe and just do all my own since as you found no one wants to do it anymore or the price to do so is outrageous.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/15/24 08:50 PM

PF&E in Chesterfield Township built my SS headers and downpipes. Did exceptional work, but I don't know if they're around still. For all of the other stuff I've used Doug's Muffler in Mt. Clemens. Been a long time since I've needed exhaust work done though.
Posted By: Diplomat360

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/15/24 09:49 PM

Does it have to be in Detroit or the area around it? How about Windsor...you know, your $$$ will get you 1.35$$$ at the moment...LOL

I ask b/c Bobby at Precision Auto is who did my exhaust: 3" mandrel bent X-pipe for my Coupe...here are a few pics, very happy with the results!

Attached picture pic1.jpg
Attached picture pic2.jpg
Attached picture pic4.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/16/24 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
I buy mandrel bends and straight pipe and just do all my own since as you found no one wants to do it anymore or the price to do so is outrageous.

i do the same, and have been doing so for more years than i can count.
beer
Posted By: vinnyd76

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/17/24 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

It's a sad state of affairs when I can't find a good, talented, custom exhaust installer in my area - & I'm in the exhaust business! Custom pipe bending & exhaust installer experts are becoming scarce - it's fast becoming a lost art.

So, with my final straw early this afternoon being my "buddy" installer 30-minutes away telling me to come in at 1:00 for a little work, & I get there & he took-off for the afternoon - that's it. Looking for someone I can count on.

Any suggestions?

Two shops that come to mind are Callahan's Muffler & Brake in Pontiac and Madison Muffler & Auto Repair in Madison Heights.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/18/24 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by vinnyd76
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

Any suggestions?

Two shops that come to mind are Callahan's Muffler & Brake in Pontiac and Madison Muffler & Auto Repair in Madison Heights.

I won't go to Callahan's ever again - I won't go into details. I'll keep Madison Muffler in-mind.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/18/24 02:26 PM

S&K muffler in Chesterfield ask for Don
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: GOOD Exhaust Shop in Metro Detroit Area - Recommendations? - 03/18/24 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kiddart
S&K muffler in Chesterfield ask for Don

They won't touch anything with factory catalyst unless they're replacing it. Just throwing that our there.
© 2024 Moparts Forums