Moparts

'14 Durango racetrack light question

Posted By: MI_Custumz

'14 Durango racetrack light question - 01/15/24 09:50 PM

I have water getting in and it's a known issue. I have removed the two bottom mounting bolts and let the water drain out when I notice it has water in it. I had it replaced under factory warranty once, but I don't think it's covered under max care. I noticed it was not on one day when I remote started the car, but another time it was. It's supposed to be on when remote start is on. It is now giving off a funny smell, like heat from a space heater or something. I thought it was something in my garage at first. Upon looking online, the smell may be the circuit board or whatever it is in the racetrack burning up. Is this a concern or will it just blow a fuse if it gets too bad? I don't want to lose the back up camera, reverse lights, wiper, third brake light, or license plate lights due to this issue. Could I just unplug it or pull a fuse for it? How hard would it be to unplug it? I think it's well over $1,000 for just the part and don't want to replace it unless I have to or if it causes issues with the other electronic/lights in it.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: '14 Durango racetrack light question - 01/15/24 11:27 PM

On line how to searchs are easy.. https://www.dodgedurango.net/threads/rear-tail-light-removal-with-pictures.74074/#post-743574
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: '14 Durango racetrack light question - 01/16/24 11:24 AM

I did some quick searches yesterday and didn't see this one. I was hoping for a quick disconnect somewhere easier to get to. I will let it ride and see what happens for now. I am wondering if the dealer installs a new one if they will silicone up the new one to keep it from getting water inside. I could do the outside, but the spots where they do it before install would be easier for them to do.
© 2024 Moparts Forums