Moparts

69 GTX Power disc brake booster

Posted By: mercman1

69 GTX Power disc brake booster - 12/28/23 03:26 PM

I need to replace mine. It's been rebuilt once maybe twice. Who did you use and how close to original did it look?
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: TJP

Re: 69 GTX Power disc brake booster - 12/29/23 01:29 AM

Booster dewey used to be the guy BUT he retired and downhill it went. There's some good info on recent experiences here LINKY CAUTION Ford Site 🤣🍻
Posted By: moparx

Re: 69 GTX Power disc brake booster - 12/29/23 06:09 PM

i don't buy the statement that the diaphragm will fail if not driven for extended periods. [unless they are talking about their replacement/junk diaphragms]
i have torn apart boosters that are original from junkers that have sat for 15+ years, and the diaphragms are perfect and very flexible, and reused them with no problems.
beer
Posted By: 469runner

Re: 69 GTX Power disc brake booster - 12/30/23 02:23 AM

White Post Restorations in Virginia, near Winchester rebuilds boosters. I had a Hemi booster done last summer there and it works and looks great.
Posted By: TJP

Re: 69 GTX Power disc brake booster - 12/30/23 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by moparx
i don't buy the statement that the diaphragm will fail if not driven for extended periods. [unless they are talking about their replacement/junk diaphragms]
i have torn apart boosters that are original from junkers that have sat for 15+ years, and the diaphragms are perfect and very flexible, and reused them with no problems.
beer

iagree

Attached picture bullshit meter(1).jpg
Posted By: lemondana

Re: 69 GTX Power disc brake booster - 12/30/23 05:55 AM

I had an A Body dual diaphragm booster rebuilt by Harmon Classic. They did a beautiful job. I haven't installed it yet. Although pricey
© 2024 Moparts Forums