Moparts

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee dual temp issues

Posted By: AdventurerSport

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee dual temp issues - 11/12/23 08:44 PM

Good afternoon;

our (new to us) 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee is having dual temp issues.
We bought this very reasonably as a backup vehicle when our friends moved many states away and decided not to keep this one.
Everything works well except for one thing...the dual temp controls. When we bought it, it was mild temps outside so we didn't notice or it hadn't failed yet.

Lately, it's been colder, and drove it the other day with the heat on, and no heat comes out on the passenger side. Driver's side works fine, passenger side blows cold air no matter the setting.
I'm not looking forward to pulling the whole dash out to repair/replace a faulty passenger side blend door, so could it be anything else? Switch, controls, etc.? 2010 Grand Cherokee, 5.7L 4x4.

Just looking for the most likely answer before I rip it all apart. Thank you!

JS
Posted By: A12

Re: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee dual temp issues - 11/12/23 09:00 PM

Blend door issue. Try resyncing the controls. Plenty of boobtube videos showing how. Next is this blend door repair or replacement:

\

Re: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee dual temp issues - 04/08/24 09:33 PM

Thanks! Now that's it's getting warmer out I'm going to try this repair.
Thank you for the link and the info!

JS

Re: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee dual temp issues - 04/24/24 04:31 PM

Thanks for the video link and all the help. Got parts on Amazon and fixed this past weekend. Works perfectly now, thanks again!

JS
Posted By: A12

Re: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee dual temp issues - 04/24/24 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by AdventurerSport
Thanks for the video link and all the help. Got parts on Amazon and fixed this past weekend. Works perfectly now, thanks again!

JS

up up boogie
Posted By: moparx

Re: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee dual temp issues - 04/25/24 03:18 PM

great to hear when issues are fixed !
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums