Moparts

06 Sebring NO BUS problem

Posted By: AdventurerSport

06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/02/23 03:53 PM

Good morning and happy Monday!

My friend and co-worker has a 2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr with the 2.7L V6. Recently bought for her son to drive as he's turning 16 soon and this one came up pretty clean and low miles (78K) for it's age.
She wasn't happy with the headlights as the days are getting shorter and more after dark driving is coming.
She looked into and upgraded to LED style headlights with a conversion kit from Amazon. Bolted in, lights came on, look good, but now the car won't start (says NO BUS) and code was NO CAN BUS (or something similar).

She tried unhooking the battery and re-hooking but no change. She tried putting the old headlight bulbs back in (reversing the upgrade) but same issue, car has power, everything comes on, but won't crank.

Short of going to the dealership, any ideas on how to reset this error? Any help appreciated. I'm at work and don't have my scanner handy or I'd try to scan and clear codes...

Thank you!

JS
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/02/23 04:28 PM

How long was the battery disconnected?
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/02/23 04:38 PM

Start Checking Fuses.

I have had Fords blow a fuse that rendered the OBDII system inoperative and no bus.

After that..... shruggy

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/02/23 05:30 PM

only a few minutes (maybe 5)
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/02/23 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by AdventurerSport
only a few minutes (maybe 5)

I'd suggest longer, like 30 minutes, just to make sure everything resets.

As IMGTX responded, fuses would be my next to check.

Mike.
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/03/23 11:43 AM

Just foods for thought, I just replaced the ground on one of these yesterday, fixed a computer problem my son was having in an 06 They threw a battery, alternator, and computer at it All it was the main ground for the computer and a bunch of other circuits, on the drivers side shock tower by the master cylinder. After he spent over 1000$ I Fixed it for nothing. Hard lesson for him.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/03/23 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by IMGTX
Start Checking Fuses.

I have had Fords blow a fuse that rendered the OBDII system inoperative and no bus.

After that..... shruggy

iagree Have seen this before on those Mopars. It was a fuse. But it's been so long that I don't remember which one.

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/03/23 05:03 PM

Ended up being a dead battery in the fob. Checked all fuses and they were fine, fob battery was dead. Put new fob battery in and she started right up!

Thanks for all the advice!

JS
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/03/23 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by AdventurerSport
Ended up being a dead battery in the fob. Checked all fuses and they were fine, fob battery was dead. Put new fob battery in and she started right up!

Thanks for all the advice!

JS

Glad it's working. Thanks for letting us know the fix too.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 06 Sebring NO BUS problem - 10/04/23 04:01 PM

thanks for the update. up
the newer stuff needs the fob "close by" to start. a dead battery in one would indicate no fob presence.

beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums