Moparts

C Body Crossmember

Posted By: Dan K

C Body Crossmember - 07/05/23 01:55 PM

Good Morning, I'm new to C Bodies and have a question I bought a 1969 Sport Fury roller and it did not have a crossmember. I came across a 1968 c body crossmember for sale on EBay and I'm wondering if thy are the same? I'm having a hard time finding one.
TIA
Dan
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: C Body Crossmember - 07/05/23 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dan K
Good Morning, I'm new to C Bodies and have a question I bought a 1969 Sport Fury roller and it did not have a crossmember. I came across a 1968 c body crossmember for sale on EBay and I'm wondering if thy are the same? I'm having a hard time finding one.
TIA
Dan

I really doubt it. Check over at http://www.forcbodiesonly.com

someone over there will know for sure.
Posted By: polara71

Re: C Body Crossmember - 07/05/23 03:06 PM

I'm 99.9% they are not. 68 was a slab , 69 was a Fuselage. Two completely different animals.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: C Body Crossmember - 07/06/23 03:23 AM

By "crossmember" are you talking about the transmission crossmember, or the entire front frame bolt in section?

if you are talking the entire bolt in front frame section, Chrysler changed how they were bolted onto the body shell. My guess would be, 66 & 67 and then 68-70 and then 71 -72 would interchange. The spool motor mounts came along in 73 but those might fit up into the downsizing after 78. The demand for the "big" cars dropped around the gas crunch in 74, Chrysler didn't change much under those big cars after the demand fell off.

Transmission crossmember? 68-72 then 73 on. My guess.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: C Body Crossmember - 07/06/23 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by poorboy
By "crossmember" are you talking about the transmission crossmember, or the entire front frame bolt in section?

if you are talking the entire bolt in front frame section, Chrysler changed how they were bolted onto the body shell. My guess would be, 66 & 67 and then 68-70 and then 71 -72 would interchange. The spool motor mounts came along in 73 but those might fit up into the downsizing after 78. The demand for the "big" cars dropped around the gas crunch in 74, Chrysler didn't change much under those big cars after the demand fell off.

Transmission crossmember? 68-72 then 73 on. My guess.

Now that you say that I think you're right. It wouldn't be a roller without the front frame. If it really is the trans crossmember, i think '65 to '73 should work.
Posted By: polara71

Re: C Body Crossmember - 07/14/23 05:50 PM

I agree, I've been out of it awhile but I think you guys are correct.
© 2024 Moparts Forums