Moparts

Mancini driveshaft?

Posted By: BDW

Mancini driveshaft? - 06/11/23 08:38 PM

Looking at drive shafts from Mancini, 2 questions?

- Anyone know who makes these?
- What's the difference between the stock welds and the bored and lightened welds, doesn't seem to be much of a price difference?

https://www.manciniracing.com/driveshafts.html

I'd rather order from Dr Diff but he offers Strange with only a 1350 yoke option.
Would prefer to stay with the 7290

Thx
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/11/23 11:33 PM

There's Greensburg Machine & Driveline LLC up here in Greensburg, PA.

The owner (Mark Petras) is a Mopar guy from way back, he could probably build you whatever you need..

Don't know if he has a back-log, or not..
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/12/23 03:41 AM

I have had several driveshafts built by Furguson Driveshaft in Morristown Tn. Street and race. Have never had a problem. They will build what you want and ship it to you. 423-586-1597

https://m.facebook.com/853414364721731/
Posted By: moparx

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/12/23 05:38 PM

there is always the 1350/7290 adapter joint to consider. shruggy
beer
Posted By: metallicareload

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/12/23 05:52 PM

I’ve had two drive shafts through them, they had Victory Performance sticker on the box. First one looked good but I sold it cause I didn’t need it (stock one was the right length). 2nd one has worked great for over 60,000 miles, dozens of 1/4 mile passes, and dozens of autocrossdrive
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/12/23 06:16 PM

Just get ahold of Strange.

They're the ones that make most of these anyway.

You can go through places like Summit to order them, too.
Posted By: LimelightCuda

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/13/23 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by metallicareload
I’ve had two drive shafts through them, they had Victory Performance sticker on the box. First one looked good but I sold it cause I didn’t need it (stock one was the right length). 2nd one has worked great for over 60,000 miles, dozens of 1/4 mile passes, and dozens of autocrossdrive

Same here. I bought one for my car and my brothers car. Put many miles on them and no issues. We don't race our cars though.
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/13/23 01:10 PM

http://www.floridapowertrain.com/

These guys are awesome and reasonable just had a new shaft made and one cut down and balanced for less than 800 for the pair
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/13/23 02:17 PM

I have been very happy with PST out of Florida. Not the suspension guys.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/13/23 05:04 PM

Appreciate the inputs, guess I need to get some additional info.
I like the Florida options, close enough to pick up.

Main thing I want to know is at what speed/RPM they balance

Thx
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/13/23 08:39 PM

6800 rpm at the stripe with the PST aluminum shaft 904 length in an A body. When I bought it 8 months ago, they didn’t have a yoke for a 904, they told me to buy a Mark Williams or Strange yoke and they could balance it without the yoke. Anything else and they needed it to balance the shaft.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Mancini driveshaft? - 06/19/23 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by LimelightCuda
Originally Posted by metallicareload

Same here. I bought one for my car and my brothers car. Put many miles on them and no issues. We don't race our cars though.

Can't go wrong here. The Victory driveshafts are very nice and well built and we use them in our race cars!
© 2024 Moparts Forums