Moparts

brake friction material

Posted By: calrobb2000

brake friction material - 04/30/23 05:44 AM

hi ,

does any one make a higher friction material to increase braking performance with less pedal psi ?

c body disc , 10 x 2.5 drum

thank you !
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: brake friction material - 04/30/23 06:14 AM

i had several sets of A body rear drum shoes relined with fork lift linings so the car would hold on the starting line better when foot brake racing it up scope
I had taken those brake shoes to a brake relining shop and ask which type linings would work best for drag racing and they said that the forklift linings were the ones what I wanted.
It might be a good idea to mention your going to use them only for offroad drag racing whistling grin scope up Good luck, let us know how that goes for you luck
Posted By: A12

Re: brake friction material - 04/30/23 06:26 AM

Get the brake pads with the least warranty...................that's because they stop the best and wear the most. grin
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: brake friction material - 04/30/23 10:29 PM

Yes, but it's not off-the-shelf,
It's a custom application and it has consequences you must consider - like higher heat build-up for your drums to dissipate, and the "sticky" lining will tend to "grab" as you come to a halt, even at lower pedal pressures.

Rochester Clutch & Brake, in Rochester NY..
1(585)924-3717
www.rochesterclutch.com

Call them and they will teach you more than you want to know.

You send them your existing shoes and drums so they can apply the hi-performance lining of your choice, then match each shoe to the curvature to the drums, each one is specific.
There's a lot more to their service than just buying a set of brake shoes.. Just sayin'.

Cheers,
- Art
Posted By: Sniper

Re: brake friction material - 04/30/23 10:43 PM

Firm Feel used to sell better shoes, but their new website design sux. Can't find them,
Posted By: ThermoQuad

Re: brake friction material - 05/01/23 08:53 PM

I have been running RCB's product since 1982....lot's of cars. Clutches & brakes.
Many thanks to Sam & Co for making everything work so well
Do you want to stop with drum brakes? Call.
As far as grabby brakes- never ever had that happen.
Temperature? Going to the road course? Probably not so the mountain passes will be just fine
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: brake friction material - 05/01/23 09:45 PM

Why not just ruff-up the drum brake surfaces where it contacts the linings.
© 2024 Moparts Forums