Moparts

fire extinguisher

Posted By: stickman

fire extinguisher - 03/18/23 08:46 PM

What are you guys carrying in your cars? Does one type work better than the others in a worst case? Thanks.
Posted By: EW1BH27

Re: fire extinguisher - 03/19/23 01:36 PM

I just carry a typical 2lb ABC and leave it on the back seat floor. Yes it rolls around but I'm too lazy to mount it anywhere,
This "ELEMENT" fire extinguisher looks promising. If you click on "MEDIA" at the top there's some good videos, Jay Leno's Garage is one I watched.
https://elementfire.com/
Posted By: Moparite

Re: fire extinguisher - 03/19/23 02:30 PM

I used to carry a Halon fire extinguisher, It doesn't spray the powder dust everywhere like conventional extinguishers.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: fire extinguisher - 03/19/23 04:24 PM

Halon in my cars. Full on board system in the Cobra with a portable backup, and a portable in the Cuda
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: fire extinguisher - 03/19/23 08:24 PM

l have an on board safe craft fire system on my car also. With a 2 lb. Halon mounted to the upright portion of my main hoop behind my driver seat also.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: fire extinguisher - 03/23/23 03:37 AM

I like and use CO2 every where I can, no mess after the fire is out except damage from the fire up
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: fire extinguisher - 03/24/23 01:56 PM

Mine is a Halon.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: fire extinguisher - 03/25/23 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Mine is a Halon.

Be real careful when using Halon, it displaces oxygen and cause the loss of consciousness and death if not address quickly, especially in building fires scope
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: fire extinguisher - 03/26/23 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Mine is a Halon.

Be real careful when using Halon, it displaces oxygen and cause the loss of consciousness and death if not address quickly, especially in building fires scope

You mean using them in Enclosed Spaces.
Thought they banned them years ago.
© 2024 Moparts Forums