Moparts

65 ply B weather strip Qs

Posted By: Wirenut

65 ply B weather strip Qs - 03/07/23 02:53 PM

Hi All
65 Bel convertible. Replacing the door opening weather strip . Question is how should they terminate at each end . Pics are of what’s there now , and not original. If anyone has pics that would be great . I would think non post hardtops are the same?

Also trunk opening w/s . I have seen the ends (where they meet ) offset near the latch . Why ? Does it matter?

Attached picture 3EA5F6DA-B229-44ED-AEE0-ACD973EDBD69.jpeg
Attached picture 21A2EDDA-7FB0-4F9D-ABFE-0A0F50AC60E9.jpeg
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: 65 ply B weather strip Qs - 03/11/23 04:12 PM

so this is my 65 coronet.
should be close. and I know it is original, you can see how the ends are.
for the front pillar, I don't know that I see anything specifically wrong, but there are differences compared to the original.
[Linked Image]

for the back, I pulled back the panel and on mine the end tucks under a metal lip.
it looks like yours continues past that lip.
[Linked Image]

what seats are you using? or rather what are they out of and how did you wire them to work?
Posted By: Wirenut

Re: 65 ply B weather strip Qs - 03/20/23 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Andrewh
so this is my 65 coronet.
should be close. and I know it is original, you can see how the ends are.
for the front pillar, I don't know that I see anything specifically wrong, but there are differences compared to the original.
[Linked Image]

for the back, I pulled back the panel and on mine the end tucks under a metal lip.
it looks like yours continues past that lip.
[Linked Image]

what seats are you using? or rather what are they out of and how did you wire them to work?

The seats are out of a 2012 Chrysler 200.
I modified the mounts cut/weld
The wiring is pretty simple . Obviously not using the air bags , just the power adjustment and seat heaters

Thanks for the pics
© 2024 Moparts Forums