Moparts

SRT seats in a Road runner

Posted By: FastmOp

SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/26/22 10:07 PM

Looking for a little wiring help. Pulled the seats out of an 05 SRT 300. I can move the motors by hot wiring them directly but would like to be able to wire up the plug and have full functionality.

Anyone done this before ?

Attached picture 167209240390277564940655419178.jpg
Posted By: poorboy

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 01:58 AM

Don't suppose you have the seat switch available?
Probably wouldn't matter anyway, the seat control probably runs through an onboard computer.

Back in the old days, the power came in central, then the switch position determine the power and the ground for each movement. The direction the power and ground traveled determined which way the seat moved. Power the seats in one direction the seats moved in one direction, reverse the wires, the seat moved in the other direction. Seat movement was: seat front up or down, rear seat movement up or down, and seat track movement, forward and reverse.

Then they added Lombard movement, in or out.

Then heated seats, backrest heat on or off and seat heat on or off.

When they added the computer, everything ran off one or two switches based on a resistance factor for each operation. For the most part, there are no off or no on positions anymore. Good luck!
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
Don't suppose you have the seat switch available?

The control switches for the seats are on the lower part of the seat on the side that faces the door.
The only switch that's anywhere else is the heated seat switch which is on the dash in the center below the radio.

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 02:19 PM

Thanks gents.

I figured it was going to suck. I still have the SRT 300 here if I need to get parts. The switchs have 4 green wires going to them. The motors have 4 each. 2 green and 2 purple wires at each motor. I'll get some pics in a few and post them to see if that helps.

Not worried about the bun warmers, this is a drag and drive type car in fair weather.

Combo is a built 6.1 with a Procharger. 727 with a break, Dana 60
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 02:22 PM

My buddy tried to put a pair of newer Challenger buckets in his Chevelle. They were just too big and bulky. He didn't like them.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 02:32 PM

Those seats look good in there, hope you figure it out. up
Posted By: wvjohn

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 03:33 PM

put a set of 2014 challenger seats in my daughters 1992 cummins d 350 2 wheel drive extended cap pickup. wiring on those were simple, just finding what wire did what.then just had to make mounts.

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 03:59 PM

Anyone know this stuff, that black box looks like it has voodoo smoke in it smoke

Attached picture 16721567318982654374459892915401.jpg

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 04:01 PM

Switch wires

Attached picture 16721568753766363021589885343270.jpg

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 04:14 PM

I need the seats to function because I'm going to let some friends drive it and one guy is tall and one gal is short lmao.
It's going to be most, 1st trans break launch lmfao.

Attached picture Attachment.jpg
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 04:20 PM

I think the easy route is to get a FSM for the '05 SRT 300, or at least the page(s) that cover the seat wiring.

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 04:27 PM

Oops lol

Posted By: cudaboy

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 05:50 PM

https://www.lxforums.com/threads/new-service-manual-download-link.24486/page-23

Links for FSM’s are on the last page of this post. You may have to try a couple to find one that works. I had a couple of them but deleted them when I sold my Magnum.

Dennis

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 05:58 PM

Thanks neighbor.

Just poking around with the ohm meter I get signal in 6 spots with 5 wires lmao. That's coming through the black box.
The numbers wrote on the box are for the white plug. Figure there either ground or power lol.

Attached picture 16721661850714739149036047533038.jpg
Posted By: chrisf

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/27/22 07:58 PM

you have heat and memory in those seats as well. separate the harness and follow the wires back to their motors, after that it should be not bad
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/28/22 12:10 AM

The black box in your pic should be the memory seat module. I sent you a PM for your email. I can send you wiring diagrams for the seat switches and motor. For some reason I can't copy them and paste them hear.

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/28/22 12:18 AM

This is why Moparts is what it is. I help and I get help . Thanks gents

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/28/22 11:58 AM

Wiring diagrams sent

Attached File
Attached File
Attached File

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/28/22 11:59 AM

It worked. I attached wiring diagrams here also, for others to see, if needed.

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/28/22 07:55 PM

So does the 1st pdf show power coming into one place ?

And not using the black box.
Posted By: moparx

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/28/22 08:05 PM

thank you for sharing those diagrams. up

what i have found over the years of playing with chrysler wiring, is that it seems they use the same system wiring for several different model years, although the colors may change somewhat.
therefore, if one has a similar problem, or an altogether different one, you can possibly use a close model year diagram and diagnostic tree [found in the FSM] to ferret out whatever problem you may be having on a particular circuit.
beer

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/29/22 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by FastmOp
So does the 1st pdf show power coming into one place ?

And not using the black box.
It looks like you should be able to put power to orange with red stripe wire, going into driver seat switch, and a ground on black wire coming out of switch. That should allow you to operate the driver seat, if you don't have power seat module!! For the passenger seat, if it is power. You should be able to put power to the red wire going into the passenger switch, and use the black wire for the ground, going to the passenger side switch. The motor to switch wiring is already there and done, if you have the switches, and motor still attached and hooked up as originally installed. If you have the Memory seat module (I think you do), It looks like you have the memory seat module for driver seat. Then you will want to put power to the memory seat module on terminal #9 Orange and red wire. Connect ground to terminal # 11 black and orange wire. I PM you my phone #, if you have any ??

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 12/29/22 12:23 PM

I edited my above post with the wiring diagram for the Memory Seat Module. I had the incorrect one up yesterday.

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 01/16/23 10:20 PM

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the help. . I finally got back to the Road Runner project tonight and hooked up the wires you said and it's money. Thanks man. It's a simple 2 wire hook-up. Full function if the power switchs. That's everything I was looking for.

Thanks man

Dartsport540 for the win drive beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 01/18/23 06:51 PM

happy to hear it worked out for you. up
beer

Re: SRT seats in a Road runner - 01/19/23 10:10 AM

Glad to help!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums