Moparts

most accurate and best price on 2 parts

Posted By: trw1982

most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/05/22 01:25 AM

most accurate fuel sending unit in 5/16 or 3/8 for a 71 dart?
car is missing all 3 under hood wiring harnesses from bulkhead to where ever.
whose is best?
tia. trw1982

Re: most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/05/22 03:51 PM

nobody got an opinion? right.
Posted By: topside

Re: most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/05/22 04:20 PM

Some answers take time; the right people with the knowledge/experience you need have to be online.

You can in the meantime search the archives via the box at the top of the page: type in "gas sending unit" or "wiring harness", for example.
You'll probably need to check any fuel sending unit for accuracy nowadays.
Two sources for harnesses are probably still M&H and Bill Evans; I think the harnesses available @ Classic Industries & etc are made by one of those places.
Posted By: steve70

Re: most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/05/22 05:47 PM

I bought my wiring harnesses from Bill Evans for my 71 Duster and was very happy with the quality.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/05/22 05:53 PM

I’ve only bought the b and e body harnesses and the ones i got from year one were great. I believe that is the M and H versions.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/05/22 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by trw1982
nobody got an opinion? right.

I have an opinion.

This has been well covered here.

Do a search and quit being lazy. How so you like that opinion.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/05/22 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
I’ve only bought the b and e body harnesses and the ones i got from year one were great. I believe that is the M and H versions.

I bought a 69 B'cuda firewall forward and a rear light harness from Year One a good number of years back. Both fit and function just fine and are still on the car out in the garage. Not sure who was doing them for Year One at that time

Re: most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/06/22 01:29 AM

i did try to look in archives but was having trouble with the date thing. m&h is sold exclusively thru year one. evans seems to be a good harness also. will have to call both places tomorrow. thanks to the 4 that gave good advice. and it is no wonder that some people are leaving this site and not returning because of the 5th guy that answered. to him GFYSS.
Posted By: TJP

Re: most accurate and best price on 2 parts - 12/06/22 02:19 AM

having owned a resto repair shop for 25 or so years I can say we have had several m & H harnesses with mis-wires / bad crimps. Not the end of the world but if one is electrically challenged it could be a much bigger issue. I also happen to have to terminals and correct crimpers to fix those issues. I have not used an Evans harness but did hear of some issues several years back. nothing recent though. Don't be to hard on the 5th guy, he is a bit abrasive a times but also contributes a lot of knowledge. And yes it does take time for responses. it's 8;15 pm and I just stopped working frown Try to think of upper East coast people. A lot of them I've encountered seem to have their own way of communicating wink
EDIT
On the sending unit thing, GOOD LUCK whistling and it's not just mopars, it is across ALL brands of cars. There is a company called TANKS INC. that sells a device called Meter Match. Wasn't designed for the issue but works well to cure it. Much easier than draining, adjusting, refilling multiple times to end up with an inaccurate reading. I have lost 100's of hours doing so. A bit of a PITA to install but easier than the above IMO. If you do find a good source, let us know beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums