Moparts

where does this floor brace go E-body

Posted By: 72restocuda

where does this floor brace go E-body - 11/26/22 05:41 AM

Putting a parts list of body panels to replace when I come across something called a floor brace panel rear seat rocker wheelhouse - Its supposed to go between the seat pan and the inner wheelhouse and rocker panel - I am gonna replace my rear quarter panels - I haven't seen behind them in almost 20 years but I don't remember every seeing any sheet metal that looks like that. I guess I could wait to order stuff when I pull off the quarters. Thanks
-Steve
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: where does this floor brace go E-body - 11/26/22 01:21 PM

i haven't seen the list of sheetmetal to order for E bodies.
i know there is a thick brace thats under the rocker panel and on top of the inner rocker panel. it starts at about where the 1/4 panel jamb starts and runs to the rear wheelhouse. it's about 2' long and helps reinforce the torque box area. the rear window guide bolts to a bracket on this part. on convertibles this brace runs the length of the rocker panel.
is this the part you are describing?
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: where does this floor brace go E-body - 11/26/22 05:01 PM

Are you talking about the panel that goes between the trunk pan and rear quarter panel like this?

I believe it is called the drop-off panel.

Attached picture s-l500.jpg
Posted By: EW1BH27

Re: where does this floor brace go E-body - 11/26/22 06:18 PM

I think the OP is referring to this, but I'm not 100% sure

https://www.c2cfabrication.com/prod...loor-brace-side-support-for-rear-seat-rh

Attached picture Brace.png
Posted By: 72restocuda

Re: where does this floor brace go E-body - 11/27/22 02:16 AM

that's the one, where the heck does that go, I don't seem to remember that last time I did major bodywork on this car, its been >20 years and these repro parts weren't as easily available then
- Steve
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: where does this floor brace go E-body - 11/27/22 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by 67vertman
Are you talking about the panel that goes between the trunk pan and rear quarter panel like this?

I believe it is called the drop-off panel.

Those are the trunk extensions.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: where does this floor brace go E-body - 11/27/22 01:08 PM

my guess is undr the rear package sgelf and the X brace between the side attach to it.
Posted By: MoparMike1974

Re: where does this floor brace go E-body - 11/28/22 12:30 AM

That may be the brace that attaches to the frame rail under the car. I think it connects to the rocker end and wheel tub as well. Im not positive but I think thats it.

Attached picture Image1.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums