Moparts

What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for?

Posted By: mopars4ever

What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 03:24 AM

This is a pic from a 78 Mopar parts catalog. The part is listed as a bumper (number 21). Anyone know what it this part is ?

Attached picture manifoldbumper.jpg
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 05:48 AM

Isn't that for the Hot Air Stove setup?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 06:26 AM

Looks like a cover for the warm up flapper valve to me shruggy
Posted By: A12

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 06:44 AM

Is that a valley pan spreader bracket?

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 12:20 PM

It appears to bolt to the passenger side exhaust manifold. The two front exhaust manifold bolt/studs closest the the alternator area. All that is left on my car is the double ended stud and the coupling type nut #22 on the exhaust stud. I was wondering what it was? It either was never on the car or was removed by the previous owner.

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by A12
Is that a valley pan spreader bracket?
That is the intake rail gasket on small block.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
It appears to bolt to the passenger side exhaust manifold. The two front exhaust manifold bolt/studs closest the the alternator area. All that is left on my car is the double ended stud and the coupling type nut #22 on the exhaust stud. I was wondering what it was? It either was never on the car or was removed by the previous owner.

Looks like a bracket to hold something , air pump ?

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 02:06 PM

The part number is 4071738 It is called a exhaust manifold impact bumper . Just trying to find out what is for from someone that may have some knowledge on that year vehicle?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
The part number is 4071738 It is called a exhaust manifold impact bumper . Just trying to find out what is for from someone that may have some knowledge on that year vehicle?

Does it say what models ? I owned a 1978 M body that was very original and I don't remember anything like that there , the only thing near it is the alternator and the inner fender panel.
Posted By: Bob Stinson

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 04:37 PM

I've got a 77 van 360 that has nothing attached to the manifold there but does have heat shields on the driver's side since the engine is offset that way and is closer to the engine cover.

Re: What is this exhaust manifold part in the pic for? - 11/10/22 08:20 PM

Does it say what models ? I owned a 1978 M body that was very original and I don't remember anything like that there , the only thing near it is the alternator and the inner fender panel.
No, it just shows it fits 318 360. It is a E58 volare. I wonder if it is something that put on police vehicles with big alternators or something?
© 2024 Moparts Forums