Moparts

Distributor Vacuum Advance Control

Posted By: GTXKARL

Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/25/22 12:37 AM

Need Part number for Distributor Vacuum Advance Control. for distributor 30-3816
Posted By: TJP

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/25/22 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by GTXKARL
Need Part number for Distributor Vacuum Advance Control. for distributor 30-3816

What it fits would be helpful wink
Posted By: GTXKARL

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/25/22 06:51 PM

hi 1970 Plymouth GTX 440 engine
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/26/22 01:19 AM

I don't recognize the p/n
Original dual point would have tag with an IBS # as well as the Chrysler p/n which is 7 digits.
We can look up the original numbers in the FSM but maybe that's not an original distributor??

Posted By: TJP

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/26/22 01:40 AM

According to this site it's a single point distributor used on a multitude of applications shruggy

DIST LINKY
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/26/22 02:26 AM

Good websearch!

Typical Cardone replacement - one size fits most.
What I mean by that is the parts will physically fit (usually) and work. However the mechanical and vacuum advances are unknown and they won't disclose. They beleive whatever the advances are will be close enough that the car will run OK.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/26/22 05:39 AM

4 barrel or six pack motor?
Six pack motors use dual point cast iron distributor with vacuum advance, 4 barrel motors use aluminum distributors with single points and the weird looking vacuum advance with dual wire feeds to the advance unit, probably for smog reasons puke scope
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/26/22 11:31 AM

I thought track pack option cars had the dual point.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/26/22 01:01 PM

I think this is the one you are looking for.

1970 RB Vacuum Advance Can
Posted By: dragon slayer

Re: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control - 09/26/22 03:59 PM

Is this a number matching thing or just getting a distributor to work? If you have the aluminum Chrysler distributor with points or electronic you just need any Big Block(CCW rotating) vacuum advance with a 9-11 stamp on the distributor. Could be lower too.

If you have the original distributor with retard function that would be different. A picture of the distributor with cap off to see the breaker plate would help get you the correct advice.
© 2024 Moparts Forums