Moparts

Fogged up windshield?

Posted By: WS68SSC

Fogged up windshield? - 09/08/22 05:05 AM

My windshield is crystal clear during daylight. Night hits and I can't see out of it. I wipe it with a clean towel and it wont clear up...any advice?

Attached picture Snapchat-1215818306.jpg
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/08/22 12:40 PM

I had a hard time cleaning my windshield from smearing. I used a magic eraser. It worked well for me. You might want to test it in a small area and check at night to see if it helped.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/08/22 05:26 PM

Is it condensation? I've had that problem depending on what it's like outside. During the day it looks normal at night if it's starting to get cool out it starts to fog a bit like that. I had that problem last night.
If there's a minor heater core leak or a bit of condensation from the AC in heater box that can cause the problem too.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/08/22 05:32 PM

i have heard the product "bar keeper's friend", or something like that, does wonders on really dirty/smeared glass.
i have never tried it, so i'm just passing this on.
my brother swears by just using a damp, well worn, white T-shirt, then drying it with another well worn T-shirt. [these are just plain white cotton, no lettering or pictures]
i haven't tried that either.
whatever you try that works, please pass it on to us.
beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/08/22 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 5thAve
Is it condensation? I've had that problem depending on what it's like outside. During the day it looks normal at night if it's starting to get cool out it starts to fog a bit like that. I had that problem last night.
If there's a minor heater core leak or a bit of condensation from the AC in heater box that can cause the problem too.

cigarette smoke film is hard to get clean as well.
i have had many auction cars develop antifreeze smearing back in my junkyard ownership days, when driving them home to the yard.
it was hard to sell a good windshield when it was all smeared up.
beer
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/08/22 11:45 PM

This is what I thinking. Heater core or a/c evaporator leak if car is equipped. Definitely will fog a window up like that
Posted By: VT_Dart

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/08/22 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
I had a hard time cleaning my windshield from smearing. I used a magic eraser. It worked well for me. You might want to test it in a small area and check at night to see if it helped.

By far the best I've used as well. I do a Magic Eraser with just water, then follow that up with glass cleaner. Just using glass cleaner (no matter the brand), I'd chase the smears and end up washing it multiple times to get it decent. Magic Eraser took the smears off in one shot.

Bar Keeper's Best Friend is great for the outside of the windshield. Does fantastic taking off water spots and contaminates.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/09/22 01:38 AM

up I've seen more than one heater core do that as well.
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/09/22 01:50 AM

use some vinegar if you don't mind it smelling like a pickle for a bit
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Fogged up windshield? - 09/09/22 02:34 PM

I use 60% rubbing alcohol and 40% water. try to get at least 70% alcohol.

spray bottle
© 2024 Moparts Forums