Moparts

CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops?

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/08/22 09:08 PM

I've got a buddy that is located about 30 miles East of San Fran with a 1970 340 Challenger Western Sport Special. He bought it about a year ago with a running 318 in it, & it came with the original 340 motor disassembled. He's getting the 340 engine rebuilt, but he is looking to have someone good swap the motors, get it all sorted out, pull the gas tank & inspect, get all the gauges working, etc. He also has the OE rear sway bar that he wants re-installed, etc. Any recommendations on somewhere that can do all this & do it all right?

Thanks.

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/09/22 02:38 PM

Bump................

Or just a good shop that can do the various operations listed? (does not need to be Mopar only)
Posted By: topside

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/09/22 03:41 PM

I think Steve Wann or John Irving - both NorCal racers & builders - should know someone.
I don't have their contact info but it shouldn't be too hard to find.
I escaped that area almost 20 years ago, and the talent pool was getting pretty dry then...
Posted By: BloFish

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/09/22 04:49 PM

Get a hold of Rich Nedbal, he should know a few qualified shops/people.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/10/22 04:20 AM

I know of a place in hollister that has a good rep. I can pm the guys number if I still have it in my phone
Posted By: BigDaddy440

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/10/22 07:19 AM

PM sent
Posted By: calif67rt

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/13/22 02:55 PM

I use to live in the Bay Area. I recently found out that Rich Nedbal retired many years ago. He rebuilt my Hemi and I had some questions for him but I was told he sold everything and moved farther up north in Cali. There is a shop in San Ramon that worked on my 67 R/T several times and they always did good work. I referred several friends and they were satisfied with their work also. It is Woodard's Automotive on Alcosta Blvd. in San Ramon. 925-830-4701. I left the area 17 years ago so I don't know if it is the same owner now or not.

Good luck.

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/13/22 03:03 PM

There is also the Mopar Alley car club based in Santa Clara (past member). They are on Facebook as Mopar Alley. (there is also some else that uses the same moniker but that is an individual) You can check in with them and they might have some shops that they know of. There is also the Stu Harmon General Forum here on Moparts. He lives in the Bay Area and he might know of some good shops also.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/13/22 07:48 PM

North Bay Area, back in the early 70s Bailey Brothers was the main big shop. Located between Vallejo and Napa. There was a Brotherhood of Street Racer chapter in Vallejo and a couple of their members worked at BB. I checked and it appears they are still in business but I hear they now focus on speed boats.

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/14/22 03:13 AM

Thanks guys - BigDaddy sent a good bit of info for someone, & I have since passed this on to my friend.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/14/22 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by calif67rt
There is also the Mopar Alley car club based in Santa Clara (past member). They are on Facebook as Mopar Alley. (there is also some else that uses the same moniker but that is an individual) You can check in with them and they might have some shops that they know of. There is also the Stu Harmon General Forum here on Moparts. He lives in the Bay Area and he might know of some good shops also.

The Mopar Alley club is a shadow of its former self. Not much online activity with them

Also, apparently you didn’t hear that Stu Harmon passed away a few years ago. That’s why the forum is named after him.

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/15/22 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by lilcuda

The Mopar Alley club is a shadow of its former self. Not much online activity with them

Also, apparently you didn’t hear that Stu Harmon passed away a few years ago. That’s why the forum is named after him.

Oh I definitely remember Stu. He helped me with a garage door opener recommendation. He advised on what to get & I didn't even think twice about it.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/15/22 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by lilcuda

Oh I definitely remember Stu. He helped me with a garage door opener recommendation. He advised on what to get & I didn't even think twice about it.

Me too.

BTW, my reply was for calif67rt who sounded like he didn’t know.

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/15/22 06:31 PM

Yes, I didn't know he past away. Like I said, I moved from there 17 years ago and don't hear much about what is gong on there now. I knew Stu personally. He had a great car club and was always helping people. Sorry to hear that he passed. I know several members of Mopar Alley that were some of the core people have passed away also. So sad.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: CA. Bay Area Mopar Shops? - 08/16/22 04:50 AM

Yes, I didn't know he past away. Like I said, I moved from there 17 years ago and don't hear much about what is gong on there now. I knew Stu personally. He had a great car club and was always helping people. Sorry to hear that he passed. I know several members of Mopar Alley that were some of the core people have passed away also. So sad.

Herb also passed away several years before Stu.
© 2024 Moparts Forums