Moparts

Source for stocking up on microfiber towels?

Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 01:29 AM

It seems that microfiber towels have become a necessity for keeping an old Mopar looking good. I like to stock up on stuff and get a good deal. Does anybody have a source for buying a decent quantity of good quality microfiber towels at a good price? Thanks, Joel

Attached picture 148165254_2774664239473189_2187596303757887203_n.jpg
Posted By: BDW

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 01:46 AM

Harbor Freight
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 01:47 AM

Check CostCo they have the best deal I have found..

Just my $0.02.... wink
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 02:12 AM

Amazon has packs of 50 for $20.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 03:42 AM

Dollar general is where I usually get them but the ones Stumpy mentioned look like a good deal.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by stumpy
Amazon has packs of 50 for $20.

This is what I do.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 04:33 AM

I get the Amazon pack.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 03:02 PM

If you want higher quality ones....https://theragcompany.com/ checkout these guys!

You can get them in different sizes to....https://theragcompany.com/collections/all-microfiber
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 04:33 PM

I bought a bulk pack at Autozone last year.
And they are kind of thin and lightweight . IMO to use them you need to double up layers to really make use of them
https://www.autozone.com/wash-mitts...ean-microfiber-towels-50-pack/936935_0_0

next time I plan to upgrade to the heavier ones as I think they are better for the finish and will last longer
maybe like so
https://www.autozone.com/wash-mitts...fiber-edgeless-towels-6-pack/1142875_0_0

ps, Nice car btw, I think this is the 1st time Ive seen it in a whole
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 05:15 PM

The yellow micro fiber towels I use are at Costco.
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/04/22 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jbc426
The yellow micro fiber towels I use are at Costco.

Me too

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/05/22 04:37 AM

Thanks for all the help. I don't have a Costco membership, but my wife goes there with her sister who is a member. I think I'll have her get a few packs of those yellow ones.
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/06/22 04:32 AM

Get your sister-in-law to buy you a Costco gift card. One of the secret Costco hacks is that you can show a Costco gift card to gain entry to the store if you don't have a membership card. Same goes for buying discounted Costco gas ... the pump will take a Costco gift card without requiring a membership card.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/06/22 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by rumblefish72
Get your sister-in-law to buy you a Costco gift card. One of the secret Costco hacks is that you can show a Costco gift card to gain entry to the store if you don't have a membership card. Same goes for buying discounted Costco gas ... the pump will take a Costco gift card without requiring a membership card.

Can you pay for gas and stuff from the store with another card so you don't have to keep reloading the gift card? Does the gift card need a certain balance to use at the pump or store? Was thinking of a friend getting me a card and keeping $5 on it.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/06/22 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by MI_Custumz

Can you pay for gas and stuff from the store with another card .

Yes
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/06/22 01:19 PM

FWIW, as of today the Costco in my area (central NJ) will only sell gas to members. I don't know what other Costco's are doing.
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/06/22 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by MI_Custumz

Can you pay for gas and stuff from the store with another card so you don't have to keep reloading the gift card? Does the gift card need a certain balance to use at the pump or store? Was thinking of a friend getting me a card and keeping $5 on it.

Sorry - we've really hijacked this thread!!!!

I only have experience with Costco in Western Pa and Fremont Ca. In Western Pa, you can buy gas in one of two ways. As mentioned, if you have a gift card, you can insert and pump up to the balance of the gift card. The pump automatically shuts off when the gift card balance goes to zero. There is no option to continue to pump and pay using another credit or debit card. Everything else requires a membership card. If you have a membership card, you swipe that at the pump first and then have the option to pay with a Costco gift card, Costco credit card, any debit card or a *Visa* brand credit card. Costco used to be only gift card, debit card or Costco credit card at the pump but a few years ago, they signed a deal with Visa and started accepting all Visa cards (no Mastercard). Inside the store, you can pay cash, write a check, use a Costco gift card, use a Costco credit card, use a debit card or use a Visa card.

My daughter had an internship out in Fremont Ca Fall of 2021. As we all know, gas is crazy expensive out in Ca last fall. The Fremont Costco gas was like 40 cents a gallon cheaper than regular filling stations. Pumping 20 gallons saved you $8 !! That's when I learned about the Costco gift card working at the pump with no membership card required. I was sending her gift cards for $250 and when she got low, I sent her a new gift card. She was able to enter the store and buy items and fill up her tank. And the Costco out there was crazy busy inside and at the pumps. They had ~10 lanes with 3 pumps at each lane and I bet there were over 120 cars waiting in line to get gas. They even had little red and green LEDs high up on the pump islands and whenever a pump was available, the LED would go to green and you were encouraged to move around cars that were pumping to get to the vacant pump!

I also just read a story that in New Jersey, anyone could fill up at Costco (no membership required). But Costco just changed the rules and announced that membership cards are now required in NJ to pump (my old stomping grounds). I wonder who pumps the gas at Costco in NJ? From what I understand, NJ and Oregon are the only states left that require attendant pumping (no self-serv).

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/06/22 06:42 PM

THe closest Costco is 45 minutes away, more when there is traffic, so I don't go there. My wife has a sister in the area, they go sometimes when she is there visiting.
Posted By: second 70

Re: Source for stocking up on microfiber towels? - 07/07/22 04:46 PM

Menards https://www.menards.com/main/p-1560...source=flipp&utm_medium=flyer_hosted
© 2024 Moparts Forums