Moparts

Preferred brake line vendor?

Posted By: ricomondo

Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/09/22 01:00 AM

Seems to be a plethora of brake line vendors;
Fine Lines -
Right Stuff -
InLine tube -

Is there one vendor with a better product than most?
I'll be replacing front/rear brake lines, fuel and the emission line on 71' Demon.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/09/22 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by ricomondo
Seems to be a plethora of brake line vendors;
Fine Lines -
Right Stuff -
InLine tube -

I've used all 3 over the decades, and I would go to them in the order that you listed them, with Fine lines being your best choice.....
Posted By: 68rrunner

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/09/22 07:43 PM

We had issues with new distribution blocks leaking a few years back. I can't remember which company had the issue, bit it was a PITA.
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/09/22 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by ricomondo

Is there one vendor with a better product than most?
I'll be replacing front/rear brake lines, fuel and the emission line on 71' Demon.
Inline tube
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/10/22 12:56 AM

Ive used all 3.
Cant say ive ever had a major issue with any of them

But my primary is Fine Lnes

But just got trans and fuel lines from inline . No complaints
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/11/22 02:10 AM

"Right Stuff" brake lines for my Cuda we're the "wrong stuff", not even close to fitting. I can see having to tweak, they were short and off in areas you couldn't tweak. I went to inline.
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/14/22 05:42 PM

I have had issues with all of them. The latest with Inline:

1) Received someone else's order. I ordered a 7 piece brake line kit and a return fuel line. I got some transmission lines
2) Got the re order. Brake lines were sent. Got the wrong return fuel line.
3) Received the correct return fuel line. Tried to install the front to rear brake line. Took off the rubber cap and had this flare (pic below) Waiting for the replacement.

Attached picture 73 GTO bad flare front to rear brake line.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/14/22 05:51 PM

how much do you have in return shipping costs ?
beer

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/15/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
beer

Thank goodness none. They sent me a label for the incorrect order. The rest they said I could keep........
Posted By: WarEagle1

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/15/22 09:21 PM

I just used a set for a '72 Road Runner from Right Stuff and they were spot-on perfect. Perfect fit and no leaks.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/16/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by belv2vert66
Originally Posted by moparx
beer

Thank goodness none. They sent me a label for the incorrect order. The rest they said I could keep........

up
beer

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 06/21/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by belv2vert66
I have had issues with all of them. The latest with Inline:

1) Received someone else's order. I ordered a 7 piece brake line kit and a return fuel line. I got some transmission lines
2) Got the re order. Brake lines were sent. Got the wrong return fuel line.
3) Received the correct return fuel line. Tried to install the front to rear brake line. Took off the rubber cap and had this flare (pic below) Waiting for the replacement.

Well here is number 4. Received another front to rear return fuel line. Not even stainless........

Another try for the brake line is on the way now.
Posted By: kingdragon

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 02/01/23 02:38 AM

Inline tube fuel line set for my 71 R/T is not even close. 3' short on the return line and all three have bends that are off by 6". All three lines are intended from the factory to run parallel to their destination, not the inline tube set. Worst part is their short so I can't even alter two out of the three.
No gravel guard like factory set either. I should've bent them all myself like I've always done.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 02/01/23 04:53 PM

I bought trans lines from right stuff. Never again.

67 Hemi auto. The long line for the rear of the trans was hanging down 4” below the trans pan. Why? It would have hit the ground on speed bumps and driveways.
Idiots made that one. The front cooler stuff was close but all had to be reshaped to fit and look decent.
Posted By: Ashsdad

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 02/02/23 04:10 AM

Not for my Challenger (that is yet to come), but I put a full set of stainless lines from Inline in my '02 Silverado. The job was a PIA, but it wasn't because of the lines. They fit just fine. Only issue was getting them to seal on the ABS controller. One line didn't want to play nice. I wrote that off to them being stainless. Finally got it to seal. Fit to the chassis was almost perfect.
Advantage for me is that they are local so I can pick up or exchange in person if necessary.
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: Preferred brake line vendor? - 02/03/23 04:47 PM

Fine Lines. They custom made a Holley DP set up for me in a matter of days!
© 2024 Moparts Forums