Moparts

CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE

Posted By: plumcrzyTA

CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/24/22 09:18 PM

I JUST GOT SOME CRAGAR SS WHEELS 15X8 5X4 # 1521913402B FOR MY 68 BARRACUDA (DON"T HAVE THE CAR YET)DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT LUG NUTS GO WITH THEM THANK YOU!!
Posted By: crackedback

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/24/22 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by plumcrzyTA
I JUST GOT SOME CRAGAR SS WHEELS 15X8 5X4 # 1521913402B FOR MY 68 BARRACUDA (DON"T HAVE THE CAR YET)DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT LUG NUTS GO WITH THEM THANK YOU!!

Those wheels have been a mixed bag regarding which lug to use.

If they are new in box, check the lit with them. If not, snap a picture of the lug area and call cragar. Having the right and left deal might pose an issue as well.
Posted By: topside

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/24/22 11:30 PM

You have to pay attention to the shank size - diameter & depth.
Different "mag" wheels require different shank sizes, and nothing's better than measuring yours.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 03:11 AM

Older Cragars have shank lug nuts, newer ones use typical conical lug nuts, so what was said above, take a picture of them and post it here... wave
Posted By: Sniper

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 10:05 AM

No one can answer this question.

If it's stock 68 brakes or later disc brake swap will matter.

Until you have the car and can verify wheel stud bolt circle and diameter you will be guessing. Remember, stock is has 10 left hand thread studs and 10 right hand thread studs and finding proper LHT nuts can be tough.

IIRC, stock is has 7/16 studs.
Posted By: plumcrzyTA

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 02:26 PM

GREAT THX EVERYBODY FOR YOUR IMPUT IT REALLY HELPED,AND YOUR RIGHT I SHOULD WAIT TILL I GET THE CAR TO BE SURE,.WITH SUPPLY SHORTAGES AND OF COURSE GETTING A LITTLE TOO ANXIOUS!!!!!!! DOES"T HELP LOL
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 03:57 PM

Cragar #1521913402B has a conical seat and a '68 A-body will need a 7/16"-20 conical lug nuts, LH and RH.

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Cragar #1521913402B has a conical seat and a '68 A-body will need a 7/16"-20 conical lug nuts, LH and RH.

According to Cragar, it needs "Mag lugs nuts with Cragar washers"

https://www.cragarwheel.com/wheels/product-detail/series-0861-ss/
Posted By: crackedback

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper

Until you have the car and can verify wheel stud bolt circle and diameter you will be guessing. Remember, stock is has 10 left hand thread studs and 10 right hand thread studs and finding proper LHT nuts can be tough.

He clearly mentioned 5x4 pattern. So later brakes are not in the equation.

Just a guess, the wheels won't likely require that uni-lug nonsense other wheels have as they are drilled single pattern.

Someone on another site just had issues with the suggested lug and what was actually needed on a cragar wheel purchase. There are a couple different series of these S/S wheels in production.

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by crackedback

He clearly mentioned 5x4 pattern. So later brakes are not in the equation.

Just a guess, the wheels won't likely require that uni-lug nonsense other wheels have as they are drilled single pattern.

He doesn't have the car, until he does and can verify no one's been playing with the brakes, who knows? Too many people will put the stock brakes off a 74 A body onto a 68 A body and still think it's "stock". Trust but verify, lol.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 05:22 PM

According to Cragar, it needs "Mag lugs nuts with Cragar washers"

https://www.cragarwheel.com/wheels/product-detail/series-0861-ss/

Which differs from https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-61c5854

Should be obvious to OP which STYLE is needed. shruggy
Posted By: stumpy

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 05:28 PM

plumcrzyTA please turn off the caps. it's like yelling at us. Thanks
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
plumcrzyTA please turn off the caps. it's like yelling at us. Thanks

Some (sensitive) people thank that, I don't grin stirthepot devil
Posted By: stumpy

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/25/22 09:05 PM

Considering 99% of the posters here use lower case in posts, including you, it would seem to be a generally accepted standard. shruggy
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/26/22 03:29 AM

Correct. Unless if someone has changed the left side of the car to right hand studs sometime in the past.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 03/30/22 01:03 PM

If you need 7/16 lugs PM me here. I think I have some new ones laying around that I never used.
Posted By: TimS

Re: CRAGAR LUG NUT SIZE - 09/06/22 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by plumcrzyTA

What lug nuts did you end up using for your Cragar application? I also have a 68 Barracuda with stock RH/LH studs and are going to use the same part number Cragar you reference.

Thanks !!
© 2024 Moparts Forums