Moparts

Power window switch repair?

Posted By: rarefish

Power window switch repair? - 03/18/22 01:54 PM

Does anyone know who repairs power window switches?
I have a friend who needs his driver's door 4 gang switch repaired.
It's the 1965-68 type one....
Here is a web site picture of the type it is.

Attached picture Power window switch.jpg
Posted By: EW1BH27

Re: Power window switch repair? - 03/18/22 02:26 PM

I've seen this guy on eBay and remembered his ad(s). Sorry, don't know if he does A, B or C body stuff.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255344685978?fits=Model%3ACuda&hash=item3b73bab39a:g:7O8AAOSw4N1h8Y4I
Posted By: TJP

Re: Power window switch repair? - 03/18/22 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by rarefish
Does anyone know who repairs power window switches?
I have a friend who needs his driver's door 4 gang switch repaired.
It's the 1965-68 type one....
Here is a web site picture of the type it is.

Sometimes a good saturation with Contact cleaner will doo the job, google "electrical switch contact cleaner". Saturate the assembly and actuate the switches while doin so. Blow it out with compressed air and leave it sit a day or so to make sure it's dry inside.
if that doesn't work, disassembly time. I've done a number and it's not a difficult job but one has to be careful beer
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: Power window switch repair? - 03/18/22 10:04 PM

I have to agree. Try to take it apart carefully and clean the contacts. If all the switches "feel right" (not obviously broken) this will work. Contact cleaner and or some 1000 grit sandpaper on the contacts (if possible) and maybe add some dielectric grease on the contacts? I've done several GM switches like this.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Power window switch repair? - 03/19/22 12:29 AM

Jim at JS restoration used to do these, I think he retired. frown

Not sure who picked up the ball here.

If you don't want to kill the switches, put each window on relays. Reduces the load on those switches. Something like this that I build.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TJP

Re: Power window switch repair? - 03/19/22 12:41 AM

Good idea as they do carry a reasonable amount of current smile
Posted By: rarefish

Re: Power window switch repair? - 03/19/22 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by EW1BH27
I've seen this guy on eBay and remembered his ad(s). Sorry, don't know if he does A, B or C body stuff.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255344685978?fits=Model%3ACuda&hash=item3b73bab39a:g:7O8AAOSw4N1h8Y4I

Thanks....
My friend has reached out to the guy on ebay and he does repair the early ones, so it looks like he has found a source.
© 2024 Moparts Forums