Moparts

66 Coronet brake lines

Posted By: Tech Instructor

66 Coronet brake lines - 02/21/22 01:02 AM

66 Coronet 2door sedan.Does anyone have a picture of the rear brake line routing at rear of car? Have aftermarket line and fitment is terrible.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: 66 Coronet brake lines - 02/21/22 02:17 PM

Routing at the differential, at the body before the hose, or where? What kind of differential? I have a '67 Belvedere with the 8 3/4 if that would be helpful.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 66 Coronet brake lines - 02/21/22 06:24 PM

i'm purely speculating you are talking 8 3/4 rear.
as i don't have a pic, you will have to imagine this.

rubber hose to vent distribution block.
from distribution block, steel line to driver side wheel cylinder in straight line [following shape of housing] held by tab spot welded to housing, then at backing plate 90 degree up to wheel cylinder, then short 90 degree parallel to housing entering wheel cylinder.
from distribution block to passenger side wheel cylinder, steel line following the shape of the center of the housing, held by another tab, then approximately at slightly below the top of the passenger side tube, a [?? degree] bend, then straight to backing plate, another tab, then 90 degree bend up to wheel cylinder, then short 90 degree bend entering passenger side wheel cylinder.

i know this sounds like a stupid description, but by looking at your axle housing, i believe it will become clear to you.
beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 66 Coronet brake lines - 02/21/22 07:40 PM

I have a 1966 Dodge Coronet Deluxe two door sedan 6-cylinder 3 speed on the column that I have converted into a 440 with a NP 833 O.D. 4 speed and Dana 60 rear end and converted the master cylinder to a modern type with two reservoirs for the disc brakes conversion I put on the front end. I added a Prop valve, but I didn't touch the rear brake line to the rear end.
I can't get a picture of it now, but I may be able to take one later this week or next week shruggy

Re: 66 Coronet brake lines - 02/22/22 01:16 AM

I should have stated I was referring to the main rear line specifically were it goes over frame rail in the back
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 66 Coronet brake lines - 02/22/22 02:16 AM

I'll see if I can push it out far enough to get under it with my camera later this week and take a picture and try and post it on here luck
it is suppose to snow here tonight, tomorrow and maybe part of the next morning. I'll see if I can take one as soon as possible up

Re: 66 Coronet brake lines - 02/25/22 01:35 AM

Thank you Cab
© 2024 Moparts Forums