Moparts

what plugs for EQ heads?

Posted By: RapidRobert

what plugs for EQ heads? - 02/12/22 03:37 PM

EQ genuine new zealand iron heads. champion rn12yc and autolite 3924 & 5224 are too short (recessed in the combustion chamber about 4 threads). autolite 5325 are too long & intrude into the combustion chamber significantly. what brand/number do I need. I will be racing. thank you for your time.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: what plugs for EQ heads? - 02/12/22 05:36 PM

RN12YC is 3/4 inch reach.
RJ12YC is 3/8 inch reach.
There are 1/2 inch reach available.
What is recommended by the head company?

Re: what plugs for EQ heads? - 02/12/22 11:39 PM

not exact but I think I need ~1" reach. I 'm trying to get ahold of eric haugland of las vegas who I purchased these heads from way back (midwest something iirc)

Re: what plugs for EQ heads? - 02/13/22 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by RapidRobert
not exact but I think I need ~1" reach. I 'm trying to get ahold of eric haugland of las vegas who I purchased these heads from way back (midwest something iirc)

1 inch never heard of them Not that there might be some.

Re: what plugs for EQ heads? - 02/13/22 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by RapidRobert

I just googled 1 inch reach spark plugs and yes they are out there. Do not know why someone would make a head requiring an exotic plug like that.

Re: what plugs for EQ heads? - 02/13/22 07:34 AM

I will make an accurate measurement & go from there & continue to call the online #'s for Eric. thanks guys EDIT I googled & you are correct, they are available, just need an accurate measurement.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: what plugs for EQ heads? - 02/14/22 06:24 PM

Because we seem to be aware 3/4" reach plugs are design intent in that style of head, I couldn't let that go in good conscience.

I'd recommend correcting the machining error by spot facing the spark plug holes to the required depth, rather than sticking someone in the future with an oddball spark plug.
© 2024 Moparts Forums