Moparts

What radiator hoses ??

Posted By: toplescuda

What radiator hoses ?? - 01/29/22 08:06 AM

I have a 71 charger that I need to buy a correct ish. Upper n lower radiator hoses for

None of this is orignal so don't know what year/car I need to asking for at parts store
It now has a mid 70s big block with lower hose on passenger side
Top will be on driver side
I bought a champion radiator that has the outlets to match
Reason asking is I don't know what side they were on a big block in 71. And I can't remember if at some point
I changed the water pump housing and I hate the one flex hoses
Thank you in advance
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/29/22 02:38 PM

Looks at hoses for a small block and trim to fit
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/29/22 05:43 PM

Does your car have air conditioning? The hoses are different for them, try and buy them for a 1973 B. B. Body car scope
I'm sure Mopar swap to the passenger side lower hose in 1972 or 1973, 1971 would have been on the driver side for the lower hose twocents
Posted By: moparx

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/29/22 06:20 PM

i keep around one of those universal "chrome" like flexy hose type things that go from the air cleaner snorkel to the tin heat stove on the exhaust manifold.
the universal types are pretty long, and when i need a particular hose shape, i will form that thing into position, then go to the parts store and look at the hoses on the wall to see if there is something close to the shape i have formed.
those things work pretty good for this.
when done, i straighten it out, push it back together, and put it back into the package for the next time.
beer
Posted By: BDW

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/29/22 09:29 PM

What application was the Champion radiator, that should tell you what hoses works.

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/30/22 03:10 AM

Don't think it had a app. Just stated what side each outlet was on

So the lower hose. I can order one for a 73. With a 400 and il be good there correct
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/30/22 05:58 PM

mancini's has a pretty good selection of rad hoses
https://www.manciniracing.com/radiatorhoses.html
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/30/22 06:46 PM

Did the locations on them change much? On the small block stuff it was usually the same and the main difference was length of hose and diameter depending on application. Bigger diameter was mainly truck stuff.

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/31/22 12:17 AM

Well bought a small block upper. Had one bend from coming out water neck. Rest was straight. Well that didn't work as it pinches off to get on radiator. So order one off rock auto. I could actually see what it looked like and I think will work

Bottom I ordered for a 73 charger with a 400

Re: What radiator hoses ?? - 01/31/22 12:20 AM

What I have going on

Attached picture Screenshot_20220130-181908.png
© 2024 Moparts Forums