Moparts

Lifted 2014 Ram axle shafts

Posted By: B3422W5

Lifted 2014 Ram axle shafts - 01/25/22 06:54 PM

Seems lifted Rams eat axle shafts pretty quick
Anybody ran into this issue, do they make CV shafts with longer travel
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Lifted 2014 Ram axle shafts - 01/25/22 07:45 PM

Poor design and the splines on the cv along with the stub wear out. RCV makes axles at about 2,600 a pair. I doubt they will permanently fix it.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Lifted 2014 Ram axle shafts - 01/26/22 01:31 PM

I’ve only noted the broken upper ball joints on the “cheap” kits that do not provide a revised steering knuckle that corrects the angle. Can’t say I’ve ever seen an axle issue (discussion pertains to the 1500 pickup) and I’m in the desert SW where all the cool kids gotta lift!
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Lifted 2014 Ram axle shafts - 01/27/22 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
I’ve only noted the broken upper ball joints on the “cheap” kits that do not provide a revised steering knuckle that corrects the angle. Can’t say I’ve ever seen an axle issue (discussion pertains to the 1500 pickup) and I’m in the desert SW where all the cool kids gotta lift!

Shop that does all our service work( last 12 years) says he sees stripped mainly passenger side axle shafts on lifted Rams all the time. This one has a pro comp lift on it.
Probably stay away from buying lifted stuff in the future, but this truck is ultra sweet. Very sharp. Its sold, just waiting to get it back from service.
Posted By: GarageDodge

Re: Lifted 2014 Ram axle shafts - 01/27/22 12:54 AM

Most people use cheap kits the angle on the shaft is to angled&they eat axles,see it all the time in the shop.I have seen one kit where the angle was the same as stock, think it was a rough country kit.
© 2024 Moparts Forums