Moparts

Power window motor rebuild question

Posted By: DaveRS23

Power window motor rebuild question - 01/13/22 06:25 PM

The driver's window in my Cuda has gotten slow to go up and sometimes doesn't quite make it to the top. I need to pull it apart and check the spring and such, but if it's the motor getting weak as I suspect, who can reman it back to working order?

Thanks!
Posted By: moparx

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/13/22 06:34 PM

any chance of just swapping it out with another good motor ?
i think those motors are used in a bunch of different applications, not just model specific.
beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/13/22 06:48 PM

in fact, rock auto lists the cardone reman for your cuda as #4244, and the same motor is used in the 77 fury.
i'm guessing the same motor was used in a bunch of different models and years.
don't know if this helps you or not.
beer
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/13/22 08:38 PM

Generally, a good cleaning and regrease of teh gear assembly does it. Not to mention the window slides need lube.

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/13/22 11:45 PM

Rockauto has them? Who knew? I didn't even think to look there. I will pull it down soon and figure out just what is wrong. I might even tackle taking the motor apart as suggested since there is a back-up plan of sorts with Rockauto.

Thanks guys!
Posted By: TJP

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/14/22 02:15 AM

You might want to verify the voltage and grounds. Or use a couple of decent gauge jumper wires from the battery to the motor. Doing so will expose or confirm the issue is within the door. IE: motor or lubrication etc. beer
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/14/22 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
The driver's window in my Cuda has gotten slow to go up and sometimes doesn't quite make it to the top. I need to pull it apart and check the spring and such, but if it's the motor getting weak as I suspect, who can reman it back to working order?

Thanks!

Contact Topher McGinnis 980-329-5938 he rebuilds just about any vintage Mopar electric motor, stellar reputation and quality work.... http://www.headlightmotorman.com/contact-me
Posted By: dvw

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/14/22 01:19 PM

The later motor fits.
Doug

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/14/22 01:33 PM

More good suggestions. Thank you for them.
Posted By: EW1BH27

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/14/22 01:54 PM

There's not much to them, why not try cleaning & re-greasing it yourself first. I was given one to fix only to find someone scavenged the brushes out of it.

Attached picture PW Mtr(3).JPG
Attached picture PW Mtr(4).JPG
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Power window motor rebuild question - 01/15/22 03:18 PM

Not to mention the window slides need lube.

50 year old grease with dirt in it acts like dried chewing gum. Try fully cleaning everything and using new grease it will make a big difference.
© 2024 Moparts Forums