66 B Body radio delete - 12/20/21 01:38 AM

Does anyone make a radio and heater delete for 66 B Bodies
Posted By: Copper Dart

Re: 66 B Body radio delete - 12/20/21 01:44 AM

Following Good question. popcorn
Copper
Posted By: topside

Re: 66 B Body radio delete - 12/20/21 02:36 AM

Pretty sure you need an original part for either of those if you want it "correct".
Not aware of any reproductions.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 66 B Body radio delete - 12/20/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Pretty sure you need an original part for either of those if you want it "correct".
Not aware of any reproductions.

Correct. And I think they are body style specific between Dodge and Plymouth.

There 'was' a heater delete plate for a Plymouth on ebay a while back.
Radio delete plates are not terribly difficult to find
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 66 B Body radio delete - 12/20/21 07:07 PM

One thing I found out on my 66 Belvedere was the chrome around the bottom of dash is delete plate specific. Meaning the plate won’t fit if you had a radio, plate is bigger. I picked up another dash (with radio) l for the chrome piece and it won’t fit. Can’t trim the plate or the chrome
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 66 B Body radio delete - 12/20/21 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by cudaman1969
One thing I found out on my 66 Belvedere was the chrome around the bottom of dash is delete plate specific. Meaning the plate won’t fit if you had a radio, plate is bigger. I picked up another dash (with radio) l for the chrome piece and it won’t fit. Can’t trim the plate or the chrome

Is there a thinned down area on the trim or an actual thinner trim piece overall ????

My car is radio delete. And didnt know of a unique trim piece below it.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 66 B Body radio delete - 12/20/21 08:23 PM

It’s the opening size where it’s straight then curves down and runs under plate. Corners touch. Couldn’t figure what was wrong untill I laid old one on top of new one. Why they did that I have no clue, maybe vender messed up. Now I have to get original re-chromed
Posted By: old_racer

Re: 66 B Body radio delete - 12/21/21 12:25 AM

https://www.redvenomrepros.com
I bought a 64 plymouth heater delete plate from these guys, nice quality. they have the radio delete plates also in plastic. my 67 belvedere radio delete plate is metal tho but it's original

maybe being plastic you could trim it for the chrome strip?
© 2024 Moparts Forums